2012 Nexus 7 Discussion Forums (1st Generation) > Nexus 7 User Tips

You REALLY don't want the battery to die on the N7

(1/3) > >>

Tronmech:
I ran my n7 dry this evening, and all hell broke loose. Every time I plugged it into the wall charger, it would sit for a few minutes, and them try to do a normal boot.

This not attempt would drain the battery of the half percent charge it had and cause the tablet to ALMOST shut down.

I THINK I did this to get out of it.
1) plugged in and waited for the boot animation.
2) pulled the USB cord
3) held down the power button to force shutdown.
4) plugged into my PC.
5) got the charging anim this time.

I also managed to get into he boot loader long enough to revert to the stock recovery, but I tried at least twice after that flash to no effect.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

loociddreemr:
You tried to flash on a dead battery? This is an absolute Android law breaker. That is one of the only known ways to actually brick a Nexus! Just asking for issues!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

bjs229:
I usually make sure I have at least an hour of charge time on any device when talking  about flashing Roms.

JayJ:
At least 50% battery is recommended...

Tronmech:
Trust me, it was only out of desperation that I flashed recovery on a dead battery. Since it was the only non stock firmware on the system, I thought that there may have been an interaction between the new boot and the TWRP recovery. Having flashed earlier in the day, I knew that I could get stock recovery back on the tablet if I was very quick. I knew I had about a minute in the bootloader, so the command was sitting waiting for the bootloader to come up.

In any event, it seems that yanking the charger and immediately forcing the tablet to power off allowed the system to behave correctly when I next plugged it in. The best thing is to not let the battery drain that much.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version