April 19, 2024, 03:07:30 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Nexus 7 Game Spotlight: 'Shine Runner'  (Read 2755 times)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
Nexus 7 Game Spotlight: 'Shine Runner'
« on: November 16, 2012, 06:03:31 PM »

Another week in the record books and this afternoon as I was going through my catalog of Nexus 7 games I realized that I'd never gotten around to highlighting one of my favorites by acclaimed developer 'Vector Unit', the same folks that brought you 'Rip Tide GP' and 'Beach Buggy Blitz'.  Shine Runner puts you in control of a high speed flat-bottomed fan boat as you race though the backwoods and bayous of the south in a fun and funny graphically intense race and crash game that has wonderful water effects and physics and some of the coolest environmental effects around.   If you haven't seen 'Shine Runner' before you're in for a treat.  Just take a look at some of the gameplay graphics in this teaser:

Features:

AMAZING BOAT PHYSICS
Power slide through twisting rivers with the most realistic boat physics ever seen on mobile.

COMPLETELY DESTRUCTIBLE ENVIRONMENTS
Crash through docks stacked high with barrels. Demolish shacks and outhouses. Punt gators and chickens. If you can see it, you can smash it!

SMUGGLE YOUR WAY TO RICHES!
Buy and sell contraband goods like Moonshine and Tobacky, smuggling them from one colorful locale to the next in a race for maximum profit.

ENHANCED FOR TEGRA 3!
Shine Runner sprays on the awesome-sauce thanks to the quad core goodness of NVIDIA's Tegra 3 superchip: Super-detailed water and on-camera splash effects, exclusively for Tegra 3 devices!

GORGEOUS HD VISUALS
Explore a colorful southern world filled with high-detail boats, animated characters, beautiful bayou, marsh, and mountain environments, all running at a silky smooth framerate on your smartphone or tablet – or on your HDTV with HDMI out.

In 'Shine Runner' you smash and crash your way through a fully destructible world full of rickety swamp shacks, fishin boats, chicken coops, gators and more.  You collect items such as moonshine, tobacky, snake oil and avoid 'old smokey' as he'll be hot on your tail in no time.  The boat physics are amazing and the water, lighting and splash effects will have your kids, friends and family wrestling your Nexus 7 from your hands.  The game is full of humorous and animated characters that fit the theme of the southern swamps the game takes place in.  There's options for both tilt and touch controls and there's also OPENFEINT Support so you can access the 'Shine Runner Hall Of Fame' and achieve awards.  Overall, 'Shine Runner' is a really fun game that'll let you blow a whole gator load of stress off this weekend so grab it below from the Google Play Store.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 04:07:10 PM by Babyfacemagee »

Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
Re: Nexus 7 Game Spotlight: 'Shine Runner'
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 09:04:59 PM »
Love this game. Playing a while now.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts