March 29, 2024, 03:25:04 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Help with picture viewing  (Read 1208 times)

Offline bryn

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Help with picture viewing
« on: November 17, 2012, 01:03:18 PM »
There must be a few short cuts I can take to display a series of images from a usb flash drive.  Here is what I did:
1. Nexus Media Importer detected the 30+ images I wanted to view, so I selected each in turn (I used multiselect but still had to select every image individually) and pressed Save
2. Went to Download, viewed with Gallery, selected filmstrip mode
3. pinch-enlarged the image to fill the screen, then swiped through the rest of the images to view.
4. After viewing there were 30+  download indications in the notification bar which I had to remove one at a time with a sideways swipe.

Unless I can speed up my act, the Nexus isn't going to replace my laptop as a good way of showing images to friends.  Any way to bulk select? No auto-size and slideshow app built-in? Any way to bulk-remove the multiple download notifications?

I bet I have missed a few tricks..........Over to you experts :)
--
Bryn

JayJ

Re: Help with picture viewing
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2012, 02:50:06 PM »
In the top right corner of the notification screen when there are notifications you'll see an icon which looks like the staggered blocks, tap this to clear all notifications.

As for viewing images/pictures, why not use the gallery application. You could even use a file explorer to create a folder anywhere on the internal memory, label it and move all the pictures you want in each specific folder. You can then open the Gallery app and the folder will be there, tap it to open and view your pictures.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2012, 06:04:44 PM by JayJ »

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2012, 02:54:11 PM »
Welcome to the forums.

Offline loociddreemr

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 25
  • OG Droid-Razr MAXX-Nexus 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2012, 02:55:48 PM »
Thou can create an album on Google + or a Picassa web album with your PC to automatically sync the pictures to the stock gallery to play the slide show.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts