March 28, 2024, 06:36:34 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Just bought a Nexus 7 and.................  (Read 1530 times)

Offline Maltyke

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Just bought a Nexus 7 and.................
« on: November 22, 2012, 01:39:37 PM »
Im wondering if it will be like the  ipad and i tunes except you use google play store?
Im hoping to put my own movies and music on it and not have to download and pay for everything on playstore.
Ive yet to go through the forum and get all the info i can and all the tips and tricks on how to install my own media stuff on it.
I understand you cannot connect it to a pc and drag and drop onto the Nexus like some Android tablets but i could be wrong.
Just ordered a OTG cable so i can use it with a memory stick.
Anway hello all and i look forward to many an happy hour on this forum.

JayJ

Re: Just bought a Nexus 7 and.................
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2012, 02:02:31 PM »
Welcome to the forums Maltyke, I recommend having a good read as you have mentioned because there is allot of good information on the forum.
I can tell you the the Nexus 7 is nothing like an iPad, it's far more customizable and you can  put your own movies/media on the Nexus 7 by connecting to a PC via MTP.

You mentioned an OTG cable, do you plan on just importing from a thumb drive or exporting too because if you just want to import you can find an application on Google Play called Nexus media importer but if you want to export you will have to root your Nexus 7 to run an application called Stickmount.

Anyway, as I said have a read...

Sent from my 32GB Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2©

Offline loociddreemr

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 25
  • OG Droid-Razr MAXX-Nexus 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2012, 03:42:11 PM »
There is a lot of information here in the forum. Some of your questions have been answered already. If you can't find an answer or solution, let us know. Were more than happy to help.

Sent From my Razr Maxx (iKreaM.4.1.2.AOKP) via Tapatalk 2

Offline Maltyke

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2012, 03:54:59 PM »
Thanks for the reply's and the info on stick mount.
Ive connected to my pc using usb cable that came with the nexus and copied and pasted a movie from pc to nexus in avi format and watched it using mx player.
Happy days .

Offline Tiny

• Popularity: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 08:39:14 PM »
Im wondering if it will be like the  ipad and i tunes except you use google play store?
Im hoping to put my own movies and music on it and not have to download and pay for everything on playstore.
Ive yet to go through the forum and get all the info i can and all the tips and tricks on how to install my own media stuff on it.
I understand you cannot connect it to a pc and drag and drop onto the Nexus like some Android tablets but i could be wrong.
Just ordered a OTG cable so i can use it with a memory stick.
Anway hello all and i look forward to many an happy hour on this forum.

Welcome to the forums.  I think you'll find that there are a lot of differences from the "i" world.  You're not confined to one app store.  Your N7 has an operating system that is easy to modify to suit your needs.  You're not limited to buying hardware that the corporation decides you need.  Accessories are usually a little cheaper.

You can connect your N7 to your PC with a USB cable.  It will appear in the Windows Explorer as another device.

This is a great forum to spend many happy hours.  There is a lot of knowledgeable people answering questions.  The members are friendly and you won't see any flame wars.
I used to be crazy until I found out that insane pays more.

Where am I?  What am I doing in this handbasket?

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2012, 11:21:09 PM »
Yes you can add and play your movies. I haven't encountered a format yet that is a problem . Untrue about the drag and drop. You can do that too.

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2012, 06:16:27 AM »
Glad to have you as part of the forum Maltyke.
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman