March 28, 2024, 08:18:14 AM

collapse

Author Topic: How's your Nexus 7 Experience ???  (Read 9967 times)

Offline YoshiDrei81601

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
How's your Nexus 7 Experience ???
« on: November 23, 2012, 07:25:26 AM »
Hi there guys it's been a while since I posted in this forum. How has been your experience of the Nexus 7 ? ( 8,16,32 GB models ). My personal experience has been great for my 8 GB model which is discontinued. I have many games on it and I occasionally do Chrome browsing. -Yoshi-

Current Gadgets: Nexus 7, Nexus 4
Past Gadgets: Galaxy Tab 10.1, Xperia Arc S

Offline birdastrompgman

• Popularity: 28
    • View Profile
Re: How's your Nexus 7 Experience ???
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2012, 10:51:29 AM »
I love my Nexus 7 8gb so much, I bought a 16gb to replace it. I'll give my N7-8 to my son.

Sent from my Nexus 7 w/ Tapatalk 2 @ 49.6 mpg

Bird has seen >650 North American bird species
Rooted Nexus 7
49.5 mpg avg for 53k miles in non-hybrid Scion xB
Retired 9 yrs, and loving it

Offline Bigtroutz

• Popularity: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2012, 11:29:22 AM »
Other than the rude 4.2 update (needed to reinstall a bunch of Apps, redo customization) mine has been flawless.

I love the small form factor and extensible capabilities of my Nexus 7.  Still trying out new things and finding the N7 can do almost everything a laptop can.

My only complaint is the crippled standard I/O (external storage, hdmi, etc) provided by Asus / Google that is still being improved by the ecosystem despite the barriers. 

Offline loociddreemr

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 25
  • OG Droid-Razr MAXX-Nexus 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2012, 02:34:52 PM »
All my family was extremely jealous yesterday at our Thanksgiving get together. My brother is a network amin for Sony. Its hard to top him with gadgets and tech, but he has a 16 and I have upgraded to the 32. The rest of family was impressed with the functionality and capabilities the N7.   Looking at the same ads they were looking at the discount tablets and I was compelled to explain how nothing can compare to the Nexus at any price.

Sent From my Razr Maxx (iKreaM.4.1.2.AOKP) via Tapatalk 2

Offline gp123

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
Re: How's your Nexus 7 Experience --- Just Great!
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2012, 03:34:10 PM »
All that I had hoped for .....

Allows me to read mail, check investments, see the latest news, without turning on my PC
Allows me to read books from library
Allows me to read, watch movie, hear music without disturbing others

First gadget I turn on in the morning -- last one I turn off at night!

Offline silvercue

• Popularity: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2012, 05:37:12 AM »
Overall I like it.  I find some apps are not compatible with it or crash quite a bit on Android as it has to suppor tso many devices I guess.  Also, a lot of apps I want seem to come out on IOS and not on Android.

Overall and for the price it is good.

Offline Scott99

• View Profile
Re: How's your Nexus 7 Experience --- Just Great!
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2012, 12:07:11 PM »
All that I had hoped for .....

Allows me to read mail, check investments, see the latest news, without turning on my PC
Allows me to read books from library
Allows me to read, watch movie, hear music without disturbing others

First gadget I turn on in the morning -- last one I turn off at night!

Wow, you summed it up perfectly, though I may add, I love playing games on my Nexus 7 as well. I've had my 16GB Nexus 7 since July 14th (launch date), and I love this thing, such a great product. Best $250 I ever spent (16GB is now $199).

JayJ

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2012, 03:21:50 PM »
Couldn't agree more with scotty99 and gp123, I love my N7 so much I sold my 16GB and bought a 32...

Sent from my 32GB Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2©

Offline loociddreemr

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 25
  • OG Droid-Razr MAXX-Nexus 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2012, 06:47:36 PM »
Love mine so much, I'm convincing my family members that they all need one! Even grandma!

Sent From my Razr Maxx (iKreaM.4.1.2.AOKP) via Tapatalk 2

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2012, 01:05:23 AM »
Second Nexus myself. I love this thing. If someone would describe me they would say.. "You mean that guy with the thing he always carries around."
Loocid. I wish my grandma was still around . She was a published author and would have loved this. God. If  I had the chance to pass on this new technology. I remember her typing away all night on a now primitive machine and having breakfast on the table before I went to school . I miss her.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 01:09:42 AM by bjs229 »

JayJ

« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2012, 01:34:52 AM »
My Grandparents passed many year ago, they'd have no interest in these wonderful tablets. Even my parents have no interest in tablets and smartphones, my Mum has a PC and they both have dumb phones. My in-laws (girlfriends parents) both have dumb phones but they do both have/use a PC, personally I respect those that just want a phone to be a phone and don't want a smartphone because IMO there's nothing wise than somebody that has something they don't use...

Offline Becks

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2012, 09:12:05 AM »
I purchased my N7 16GB about 3 weeks ago. It has been awesome. No problems at all. 4.2 OTA update works like a charm. I really like this unit. If I had 1 quibble to make it would be that the wifi signal is not particularly strong once I get about 35 feet from my Router. My old Iphone 3GS has a better singnal. The 16GB is plenty of storage for what I use it for which is reading news, playing games and surfing the web some.  I have a great gaming rig, an Imac and a work PC. I waited until the specs for the I-pad mini came out, thought hard about what direction I wanted to go, and who's environment I wanted to be in, and Android won..Hands Down. Lastly...the sound is a bit weak. But, for $199.00 I can't complain.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 01:45:39 PM by Becks »

Offline dominic

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2012, 09:48:00 AM »
I love my N7
The only minor annoyance is that when updating to 4.2 then 4.2.1, I lost root so I have to re-root again
  ;)

Offline gp123

• View Profile
Re: How's your Nexus 7 Experience ??? Forgot to mention ...
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2012, 03:22:51 PM »
The key to "loving your Nexus" is in treating it like the "information delivery portal" that it is, and not asking it to do much in the way of general computer operations (like office applications).

Offline Belisarius

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2012, 07:01:40 PM »
My Grandparents passed many year ago, they'd have no interest in these wonderful tablets. Even my parents have no interest in tablets and smartphones, my Mum has a PC and they both have dumb phones. My in-laws (girlfriends parents) both have dumb phones but they do both have/use a PC, personally I respect those that just want a phone to be a phone and don't want a smartphone because IMO there's nothing wise than somebody that has something they don't use...

I was a dumbphone guy until 2 months ago (I'm only 32, so I'm not old.) I just didn't see that the benefits were worth the cost. Also, it annoyed me to see all the pod people staring into their palm all the time at work on breaks and stuff. I didn't even text, or accept texts. (Yeah, I was that guy.)

Well, now, in 60 days, I have a smartphone and a tablet. I just freaking love these things. I'd be hard pressed to describe exactly WHY they are useful, but I find myself using it for 10 tiny little tasks every day. I'm better organized with my calendar in my pocket. I'll never go back.

Oddly, my parents have had smartphones and tablets for years (they are iCultists sadly). I'm the one late to the party.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman