March 28, 2024, 11:46:08 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Google: "We’ve started shipping Nexus 7 pre-orders today!"  (Read 4756 times)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile

Google issued a statement this morning via its 'Google Play' Google+ account as can be seen above.  They've started shipping their first batch of pre-orders out to customers.   In a reply to a request by 'AndroidPolice' the company also stated that this first wave of shipments would be reaching customers within the next three business days.  For those keeping count (and who isn't) that's between today and Tuesday.   The company went on to state:

“Once your order has shipped you will receive a confirmation email and tracking number,” “Though our agents are unable to provide a specific delivery date for individual pre-orders, please rest assured that our shipping team is working to fulfill all orders as quickly as possible."

Still no official word on when all retailers will enable customers to pick up their tablets.  Some stores such as GameStop have stated Sunday they will start to hand out units but as we mentioned previously, some mail shipments got off to an early start, especially in the UK before the company asked retailers to halt sales.  For up-to-the-minute news make sure to check out the forums where a number of members are keeping a close eye on all things related to the arrival of their new Nexus 7s.

Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline samalex

• Popularity: 4
    • View Profile
Re: Google: "We’ve started shipping Nexus 7 pre-orders today!"
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 02:14:13 PM »
Yup my account was just debited about 30 minutes ago, but still no tracking number or info on when it'll be shipped.  Soon hopefully.

bigboss

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 06:27:01 PM »
Yup my account was just debited about 30 minutes ago, but still no tracking number or info on when it'll be shipped.  Soon hopefully.

I got the mail with tracking number 30 minutes back, stating "A UPS shipping label has been created." :)

Offline samalex

• Popularity: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 10:49:31 PM »

I got the mail with tracking number 30 minutes back, stating "A UPS shipping label has been created." :)

Same here, but no delivery date.  probably will be Monday or Tuesday here :-/

Offline Shaiy007

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 02:20:48 AM »
I ordered my Nexus 7 on the 28th, and I just got my tracking number. Yay! :-)

Offline edhunter

• Popularity: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012, 02:56:05 AM »
I've just contacted Google and for anyone in the UK that has ordered the Nexus 7 we will not be getting the tablet till the end of next week with the confirmation email arriving at the beginning of next week

Offline jcalbano

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2012, 04:40:35 AM »
Got my notice today (Saturday, 14 July 2:05 AM) from my order on 27 June 2012! I am happy!
Hang in there enveryone

Offline dshizzel

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2012, 10:46:10 AM »
OK, the latest is I got the UPS update confirming delivery of our Nexii for tomorrow  8) (Tuesday) before the end of the day out of Louisville, KY - and I'm in N. Alabama. Now, that's more like it, even though I still share everyone's frustration at the delays of our supposed 'pre-order'.

Edit: Play order placed 6/28.  Notice received 6/13. Debit showed up 6/14.

Edit: Departure scan from Louisville about 15 minutes ago. Earlier was origin scan before noon. 

Edit: Arrival/Departure scans in Nashville, followed by an Arrival scan in Huntsville.  Just waiting for the "out for delivery" to pop up!  It's gonna be a long day at work.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 06:16:42 AM by dshizzel »

Offline LenB

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2012, 11:32:30 AM »
My account (a customer in the UK) has been debited £208.99 so it appears that something is on the move although I have received no further details. My order was placed on June 28th. 2012. Will report if I receive any further information. :)

Offline birdastrompgman

• Popularity: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2012, 12:03:21 PM »
Mine's in hand! Pix in the Who'll be the First thread.  It arrived ~10 a.m.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 12:05:10 PM by birdastrompgman »
Bird has seen >650 North American bird species
Rooted Nexus 7
49.5 mpg avg for 53k miles in non-hybrid Scion xB
Retired 9 yrs, and loving it

Offline LenB

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2012, 03:58:57 AM »
Update to my previous post. Notification from Google Play that my Order is now out for delivery. Checked the Parcel Tracking number which confirms that my parcel will be delivered today. Although it has been frustrating waiting for the delivery it does appear that Google are honouring the shipping date that they quoted from the start for Pre-Orders here in the UK.

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2012, 05:46:24 AM »
Apparently Google is attempting to honor their pledge to process the backlog of orders, from what I have seen with my order. I ordered. 16 GB N7 on 06Jul2012. After Google's shipping pledge last Tuesday (17Jul2012) my credit card was charged on 18Jul2012 at 6:00 for my N7. I received my first shipping notification from Google a little after 4:00 am on the 19th (today)  with the tracking number. As of 7:00 am the tracking status has changed to "departure scan" from my local distribution center which means "on the truck". So, if UPS doesn't screw up I should have my N7 today. I am hoping that Google is able to meet their Tuesday pledge for everyone.
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline LenB

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2012, 07:37:08 AM »
Have just received my Nexus 7, lunchtime today. Carrier was too busy to get to me yesterday (sickness among delivery drivers!). No fault with Google, just the delivery firm they employed.

Offline pduffer

• Popularity: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2012, 08:28:16 AM »
I'm still waiting to hear anything related to mine ordered on the 3rd. No email. No tracking number.  No bank charge.  Nothing.

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2012, 08:37:35 AM »
Did you receive the email on Tue concerning the shipping schedule? If you did you have the option to reply to that email and if you did not receive one, I would contact Google support by phone.
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman