April 19, 2024, 06:06:29 PM

collapse

Author Topic: How can I transfer movie to Nexus 7  (Read 6520 times)

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
Re: Re: How can I transfer movie to Nexus 7
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2012, 01:16:10 AM »
But I digress.
Not the brave high falutin answer you were looking for?
I ain't no big city lawyer but:

Even with a solid place to stand and a long enough lever, societal inertia needs the right fulcrum/tipping point/nexus to effect change.
Until then, civil disobedience is our Vorpal blade.
Ignorance of the law is no excuse, but ignorant law must be resisted.
The real enemy is a venal system and an emergent plutocracy.
Our 2 main enemies are venal system, plutocracy and comfy cushions.
Our 3 ....
You should move to Houston and get a law degree. Or vice versa.

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
Re: Re: How can I transfer movie to Nexus 7
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2012, 01:23:18 AM »

Quote by bigtroutz

The free app DVD Shrink 3.2 (google will find the DL) can suck down & compress or not compress all of the files present on a DVD disk, including the menu etc.  I never used those files (just stripped out the actual movie) but I assume you could include them in the final ripped product.

I use freeware StaxRip to assemble the various files into the final container.
When you say app, is this a program that you use on the PC? I am old skool. When I think ripping, I think Plextor DVD drive and a PC. I vaguely remember  a program that is outlawed now to backup the video ts and the audio files...ugh my brain hurts.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 06:52:24 AM by bjs229 »

Offline Bigtroutz

• Popularity: 8
    • View Profile
Re: How can I transfer movie to Nexus 7
« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2012, 02:52:51 AM »
bjs229, app simply means application.

in this case I run the dvd backup software on my pc simply because of speed and application availability.

those programs are freeware for PC but might also have versions compiled for mac or android, never checked.
DVD shrink removes any copy protection and can also compress/resample files but does a poorer job of bundling all the pieces together into one playable file in the formats I want.

StaxRip compresses and bundles esp to a fixed output size regardless of movie length (great) but does not deal well with copy protection.

If you paid for software you might have better results but this combo works great for me.

Offline matt

• Popularity: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2012, 03:48:28 AM »
I'm not admitting to anything specifically actionable. Member's info can be subpoenaed if they want to go after small fry. All posts are not sworn testimony and may be anecdotal or imaginary in nature. (Hiding under rock) read with a grain of salt. It wasn't me, someone else did it! (Behind someone slower)

I've heard of some people using rip it for me which ties a number of programs together and automates the process. They only use it for discs they already own for backup purposes only. Their intent is to keep from scratching up the dvds and is not meant to be illegal.

Vice versa? I am not Muhamet.

I prefer to poke at things with an extremely long stick behind a shield of anonymity. Should that veil drop  and I would be seen as a stammering, unattractive, bipolar, poor fool then....oops.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2012, 04:55:10 AM by matt »

Offline matt

• Popularity: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 26, 2012, 11:36:46 AM »
Check out free online backissues of the magazine Maximumpc for pc backup info and legal opinions.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman