March 18, 2024, 11:11:05 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Elusive Nexus 7 Dock Appears On Asus Japan Site/ Finally Coming In December?  (Read 3214 times)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile

Looks like we might finally be able to get our hands on that elusive Nexus 7 dock that was shown a few months back but never appeared for sale.   It seems that The Asus Japan website has put the dock up on its website with a notation that it will become available in early December.  The above screen grab using Google Translate shows an image from the site and pegs the price at 3,480 Yen which translates to roughly €32 Euros and $42 US Dollars.

Now as seen below in the original leaked image from August the Nexus 7 dock supports the tablet in landscape mode.  The conjecture is that the reason the company has waited until now to release the dock is for the landscape support that the Android 4.2 update provided.  This makes some sense since releasing the dock when only portrait mode was supported would have caused quite a bit of pandemonium in the Nexus 7 community.  As can be seen in the leaked shots, the Nexus 7 dock includes a 3.5mm audio input and a micro USB connection for charging.  With a date of early December release we can expect to hear something most likely in the U.S. over the next week.  You can check out the Asus Japan Website yourself to see the current dock listing.  So who here plans to pick up one of these bad boys when available?

« Last Edit: November 29, 2012, 01:29:42 PM by Babyfacemagee »

Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline h2ofun

• Popularity: -2
    • View Profile
Now, this looks very cool.  Meaning, it looks like one can just lay the unit in the holder and have it charge w/o having to plug the micro usb in.
Only down sides I see are it does not look like it works with a case on?  And for reading books, not ideal either.  But, where do I buy one.

Offline matt

• Popularity: 28
    • View Profile
There are some people on xda that can't wait and are trying to build their own.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1800099&page=13

It looks like 4.2 will allow a pogo dock finally. However, the usb cannot be used at the same time.
So a blue tooth keyboard would be necessary, unfortunately, since blue tooth is broken.

Unless blue tooth will now require a proprietary nexus 7 keyboard? Nooooo.

Offline Smelter

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
For the price they are asking I would have expected speakers to be built in.
For this gizmo to sell it really needs an alarm clock app so you can charge overnight,
with a choice of alarm call such as music, streamed radio or news channel.
Now that would be worth the price!

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
I agree I would like to see a dock with speakers built-in.  I think I remember a 3rd party company that had a Nexus 7 'Media Dock' on display at one of the trade shows...maybe CES or some other.   I don't think I've ever heard about it since though.   I think it's inevitable if Nexus 7 sales stay as strong as they have that we'll start seeing a whole range of accessories.  I'm actually quite surprised at how limited the accessory offerings from both Google and Asus have been so far for the N7.  Just some colored travel covers and that's about it. 
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline fxsarge

• Popularity: 15
    • View Profile
I'm not surprised by the lack of accessories from Google and Asus because both companies have always been weak in the department. I'm surprised how third parties haven't picked up the slack though. 

As far as alarm clocks go the Bose sound link works great

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts