March 29, 2024, 08:10:53 AM

collapse

Author Topic: First 'Keyboard Case' For Nexus 7 Appears  (Read 3821 times)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
First 'Keyboard Case' For Nexus 7 Appears
« on: July 13, 2012, 03:53:19 PM »

With all the excitement of the first Nexus 7 Tablets being shipped to customers we know that alot of you are starting to think about buying some accessories for your new tablets.   We'll be doing some more extensive articles on various brands and types of Nexus 7 cases soon but we just got wind of the first 'keyboard case' for the Nexus 7 so we thought we'd post some pics here for all to see.   

Now we can't really vouch for 'Crazy On Digital' as we don't have first-hand experience with their products but the case shown above connects to your Nexus 7 via bluetooth.  We like this approach as some of the less sophisticated keyboard cases we've seen on other tablets require a wire dongle to connect via the microUSB port.   It also has a built-in stand which is pretty handy.    We're a little confused from the description as to whether this is real or synthetic leather but at $34.85 with keyboard we wouldn't be surprised if it's the latter. 

The manufacturer is currently taking pre-orders if this strikes your fancy and it's due on July 25th. 

It's available in two colors:

So would a keyboard case be useful for a 7 inch tablet?  What are your thoughts?   And how do you plan to protect your new Nexus 7 tablet?  Case? Skin? Folio?  Body Armor?  Let us hear your preferences in the comments.

Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline samalex

• Popularity: 4
    • View Profile
Re: First 'Keyboard Case' For Nexus 7 Appears
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2012, 03:59:10 PM »
I wish they added a trackpad or some way to connect a mouse to it too.  But all and all I like.

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2012, 04:02:50 PM »
Yes, trackpad would be nice.  You can connect a mouse via the microUSB though.  It supports mouse connections.
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline nhobbit

• Popularity: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2012, 08:00:33 PM »
It looks good, but I will pass. I don't plan on doing any heavy wordprocessing and the like on my N7.  That's what my 17inch laptop is for.  I plan on using my N7 for fun (books, games, email, etc)  only so I can't see how a keyboard would be necessary. But it will be hard not to buy all the accessories that come out.

Offline coolbreeze

• Popularity: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 07:53:16 AM »
 also posted in your "Accessories" thread under "Cases"

Re: Cases
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, 12:44:03 PM »
QuoteModifyRemove

Here is a link to a bluetooth keyboard case. My wife has one for her Ipad and loves it. I might go this direction.

http://www.amazon.com/CrazyOnDigital-Bluetooth-Keyboard-Tablet-Leather/dp/B008G3BFLG/ref=pd_sim_sbs_pc_5
Razr Maxx , Nexus 7

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts