March 29, 2024, 08:46:48 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Nexus 7 Selling Out At Retailers: Google Chairman: "Immense Demand"  (Read 1848 times)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile

Several newspapers including this morning's edition of 'New York Newsday' are reporting the Nexus 7 is selling out at retailers across the country with one reporter saying they are selling 'like hotcakes'.  GameStop, the video game retailer that announced last week they are accepting trade-ins of old tablets and games for credit towards a new Nexus 7 is reporting that they have already 'sold out' of two allotments of Google's new tablet.

"We blew through the first two allotments," a GameStop spokesperson said.  They expect a third allotment sometime in August.

Sam's Club and Staples, two other retailers carrying it have also listed on their websites that they have sold out of current inventory and their websites list the tablet as 'out of stock'.  Office Depot apparently still had some in stock at specific stores as of this afternoon but with demand high would probably sell out before nightfall.   There are some reports however that some retailers may still have some units that they are holding back in honor of a request by Google to wait for an official release time.   Regardless, any units that may be held in storage will be quickly snatched up judging by the sheer number of requests stores are getting for the tablet.

Google started shipping pre-ordered tablets yesterday with many buyers now receiving shipment notifications and some delivery dates.  The company has said that all pre-ordered units would be shipped by Tuesday at the latest.  Executive Chairman of Google, Eric Schmidt, speaking to reporters on Thursday at the Allen & Company Conference in Sun Valley said there was "immense demand" for the Nexus 7 in the first week it was introduced.  No word yet of estimates on how many of Google's new 7 inch Android darling has sold in the first few weeks since its introduction but it should be an impressive number. 

Any guesses out there on how many Nexus 7s have sold up to or through launch day?

Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline comiskeybum

• Popularity: 2
    • View Profile
Re: Nexus 7 Selling Out At Retailers: Google Chairman: "Immense Demand"
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 06:36:58 PM »
I read somewhere around the time of Google I/O that the initial production was 600,000 units.  So my guess is that is roughly how many they have sold. 

I assume that Google has told ASUS to get crankin on production big time for an early August massive delivery to all retail outlets. 
Phone: Droid Bionic
Tablet: Nexus 7
Wife: Hot
Daughter: My precious

Offline coolbreeze

• Popularity: 6
    • View Profile
Re: Nexus 7 Selling Out At Retailers: Google Chairman: "Immense Demand"
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2012, 08:54:30 AM »
Starting to think I might accept the 8gb N7 that Google couldn't cancel in time when I reordered a 16gb and they are shipping to me. If they are going to be sold out for a few weeks I might be able to move it on Ebay.
Razr Maxx , Nexus 7

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts