2012 Nexus 7 Discussion Forums (1st Generation) > Nexus 7 Vs. The Competition

The Big 3 7" Tablets... My Review

<< < (2/4) > >>

CBers:

--- Quote from: Belisarius on December 02, 2012, 06:38:34 PM ---
--- Quote from: CBers on December 02, 2012, 05:58:32 PM ---Nice write-up :-)

Not sure you're aware, but Google have released a 10" tablet called, not surprisingly, the Nexus 10, and a new phone, the Nexus 4.

What is Amazon's PRIME?

Sent from my 32GB Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

--- End quote ---

I guess I am weird... I got a 7 rather than a 10 because I prefer the smaller size, not because it is cheaper.

Amazon Prime is a program Amazon has had for years. Its main perk is, you get free 2-day shipping on any item they sell, which pays for itself if you use them a lot.

With the Kindle Fire HD, they added that you could "rent" one book a month for free, and there is a whole library of shows and movies you can stream for free. Not the latest stuff, but good stuff... All seasons of the west wing, the Tudors, stuff like that.

The service is $80 bucks a year, and you get a month free when you activate your kindle.

--- End quote ---
Amazon Prime! Of course it is D'oh! It's next day delivery in the UK for £49 per year.

I only bought my Nexus 7 as I wanted another tablet after returning my ASUS TRANSFORMER PRIME and whilst waiting for the ASUS TRANSFORMER INFINITY to surface, but liked it so much, I bought the Nexus 10 when it came out instead.

My daughter has my Nexus 7 now.

fxsarge:
I'm surprised by your guy's feelings on the build quality. I guess I'll have to do a write up on all the tablets I've owned and why I choose the N7 because of the superior build quality.

CBers:

--- Quote from: fxsarge on December 03, 2012, 11:40:15 AM ---I'm surprised by your guy's feelings on the build quality. I guess I'll have to do a write up on all the tablets I've owned and why I choose the N7 because of the superior build quality.

--- End quote ---
As is the Nexus 10 build quality :-)

bjs229:
I have had two 7s.w Both a minor amount of screen lift. I would probably have never of noticed it if it weren't for someone mentioning something about it. I don't even look at it as a defect because it never had any bearing on the performance of the tablet. I can say I am impressed with the build quality. Mine was thrown across the cement and I am still using it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

S.Prime:

--- Quote from: fxsarge on December 03, 2012, 11:40:15 AM ---I'm surprised by your guy's feelings on the build quality. I guess I'll have to do a write up on all the tablets I've owned and why I choose the N7 because of the superior build quality.

--- End quote ---

I am with sarge on this one, with the Nexus 7 being my 3rd tablet, I think new owners could benefit from the experiences of previous generation tablet owners in comparison to our Nexus 7.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version