March 28, 2024, 11:29:13 AM

collapse

Author Topic: how do I load my camera photos onto my Nexus ?  (Read 6496 times)

Offline Bigtroutz

• Popularity: 8
    • View Profile
Re: how do I load my camera photos onto my Nexus ?
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2013, 02:19:22 PM »
. I thought the op was trying to change file names and such.. I still think a file explorer would make life a lot easier to run the ball.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
Yes, the OP will be able to do those things with a File Explorer but not until he gets the photos PHYSICALLY on the N7.  That's what Bigtroutz and I are trying to get across.

+1  --- yep, that was my point, ty

NMI is a strange animal compared to how one might think about a file storage access program.  But it is not the program's fault but rather the result of internal limitations purposely put in place by google when it modified Android to suit it's purposes.  One of the advantages of rooting your N7 is that people can put Linux type default low level I/O device drivers back in place like stickmount does.  One of the annoyances is that Google removed them in the first place. 

But even with stickmount in place, Android still suffers from crippled file system I/O, imo, compared to better Linux or Windows routines.  Good BIOS integration  has always been an achilles' heel of professional grade OS development and Android will always lack until this issue is resolved.

Offline fxsarge

• Popularity: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2013, 03:24:38 PM »
Every time I see the tittle if this thread I want to make a comment but it actually has nothing to do with OP but it may help somebody in suggesting have a smartphone with NFC and a nice camera. Its the coolest thing since sliced bread to transfer pictures.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Offline Bigtroutz

• Popularity: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2013, 09:52:10 PM »
heh, yeh, I have been wanting to try NFC out but my N7 is the only NFC enabled device in this household.  I understand that data transfer is actually performed by the BT connection and the NFC itself is only used for the handshaking and connection management.  But that's second-hand info so ...

Offline fxsarge

• Popularity: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2013, 04:46:26 PM »
That's spot on. Its a really nice and fast feature. Can't wait for all the new smart cameras to have NFC

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts