March 29, 2024, 03:29:52 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Games crash Solved!!!  (Read 5181 times)

Offline warekl

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Games crash Solved!!!
« on: December 03, 2012, 03:25:58 PM »
Am I the only one who buys games from the play store that are labeled compatible with my nexus 7 tablet that won't open or just crash? Can't get any of the angry birds game to open as an example.

Was the Ultimate Rotation App that caused all my problems, uninstalled and now all is good.....
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 07:05:00 AM by warekl »

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
Re: Games crash
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 04:38:17 PM »
Hello and welcome !
I am not the biggest Angry birds player but I do play the Star Wars HD edition and it runs beautifully. Does the problem arise with every game you have tried to download ?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Offline warekl

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2012, 05:48:24 PM »
Not all but at least half. All of the Angry Birds series, free and paid, Cryptic Caverns HD, etc. Most just black screen or the splash screen appears and disappears without opening the game. All have been labeled compatible in the store.....

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 08:23:23 PM »
I know you said all but for sure you tried you try the HD version of AB Star Wars? If that didn't work, there must be some sort of problem with your file system. I am the first wave of help when it comes to that. Are you unlocked and backed up? Rooted? Were you ever able to play games without problems before this problem arose? Hopefully, you are backed up and can do a factory reset if needed. I have a feeling maybe something that you downloaded might be disagreeing with your Nexus. There are many family members here that will be able to give more advice as to how to proceed. Please give as much information as you can as far as where you are with your machime . We will work this out.
Thanks
B
I am going to try a couple of the games you mentioned just to start a troubleshoot.

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2012, 08:35:28 PM »
Cryptic Caverns HD did not work for me either. It loaded the splash screen and then crashed. Not the best news but at least there might not be a problem with your Nexus. I didn't see any reviews for the game related to our tablet so I am not sure if this is just a hiccup from the new update or just flat out incompatible.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 10:16:58 PM by bjs229 »

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2012, 08:41:41 PM »
Angry Birds Rio and Seasons free edition are both running fine on my system. If these are in your no go list, please let us know and I am sure we will come up with a remedy.
Thanks again

Offline warekl

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2012, 09:15:54 PM »
Just heard from Jacob, the developer of Cryptic Caverns HD and it won't run on the new Android 4.2 update.

I have Angry Birds Space Premium on my Nexus 7 now and it doesn't say HD anywhere but the store page says "Compatible with your ASUS Nexus 7".  Just black screens as every other Angry Birds that I have tried on the tablet.

Other games are working well, couple Sudoku games, Mahjong games, ScummVM, JFrotz, Xconstruction lite, etc. Non game apps are fine.

I've only tried playing games in the past couple of weeks and my tablet is just a few weeks old. I don't have it backed up and don't know what unlocked or rooted mean.

Thanks for your help.

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2012, 10:08:45 PM »
Great info Warekl. Thanks.
Out of curiosity did you download and play any of these angry birds games before the new update? I am thinking it is just a case of needing to catch up.
Unlocked and rooted basically gives you total control of your file system. Control meaning ..backing up, viewing and manipulation of files, changing roms etc...Not as hard as it sounds. If you would like to learn further, let us know and we will get you rolling into a whole new world.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2012, 10:12:58 PM by bjs229 »

Offline warekl

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2012, 07:28:18 AM »
When I bought the tablet, It had 4.2 on it. I tried the games with no luck. Since then I was prompted to do a system update, which I did.

I can look at and add files or folders using Windows Explorer, is that what you mean?

Just tried another game, The Lost City, and the first line of dialog is out of the screen at the top and trying to click on anything gives no response most of the time.

Is 4.2 so different from the last version that it is not suited for games? Have developers not updated games to work on 4.2?

Thanks again 
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 08:58:32 AM by warekl »

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2012, 12:34:26 PM »
Rooting gives you privileged control of the Android file system. On your tablet.  Sometimes after an update apps can stop working. It is usually for a short period of time as the developers work to catch up.
I am gathering from your post that you might have gotten your tablet preowned. If that is the case a factory reset might be in order. If you need some guidance help is here!

« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 12:40:54 PM by bjs229 »

Offline warekl

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2012, 01:46:02 PM »
No, my tablet is brand new from office Max. It sounds like developers are behind. I have tried some new games today and only one actually works.
I bought this thing to game and watch videos and I guess it will just be a video device.... :(
How long does it usually take for developers to catch up?

I bought this instead of the iPad mini because I couldn't justify $140.00 more in price but it looks like there are more apps for what I want to do in that direction.
Educated thoughts?

JayJ

« Reply #11 on: December 04, 2012, 02:14:09 PM »
Could you list the games your having problems with please, other than the above games because I have no problems here, I have the non HD Angry Birds Star Wars which works fine and at the moment I also have...

Aspault 7
Dark Meadow
Dead Trigger
Horn
Max Payne
Ocsura
Rayman Jungle Run
Riptide
Samurai II: Vengeance
Shadow Gun
Shadow Gun Dead Zone

I'm not saying you have to play these but I have no issues with any of these games...

Sent from my 32GB Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2©
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 02:15:40 PM by JayJ »

Offline fxsarge

• Popularity: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 04, 2012, 02:33:57 PM »
Developers usually catch on pretty quick and that's the only bad thing about a nexus, its a devil per device so developers are using the same tablet you have to upgrade games.  I think the big issue we will see is in why games won't work is probably the new multi user support in 4.2. It shouldn't take too long for things to get fixed but jayj's list is a great one with all the must haves. I would just add need for speed most wanted.

Offline warekl

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 04, 2012, 03:10:02 PM »
Just tried Angry Birds Star Wars HD.
Black Screen when I try to open. Did a refund.........

Android 4.2.1

Offline warekl

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 04, 2012, 03:17:30 PM »
JayJ,

Some I tried;

Snark Busters All Revved Pp
Tank Hero
Broken Sword

* Top Boards