March 28, 2024, 04:52:46 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Foxfi  (Read 2250 times)

Offline jimemeone

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Foxfi
« on: December 03, 2012, 06:39:32 PM »
I am looking to tether the Nexus 7 32gb to an AT&T I phone using Foxfi when wireless is not available for using the Square for credit card processing. Does anyone here have experience doing this? I have read that AT&T can restrict you from using Foxfi and the only other way is to pay for their monthly tethering service.
Thanks in advance for all replys.
Jim

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
Re: Foxfi
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2012, 08:07:07 PM »
Sorry that there hasn't been much activity concerning your question. I am not 100% sure but I think that the Square is not compatible with the Nexus 7 at the moment. It might be a good idea to contact the developers of the app and reinforce the need. Again, I am not a user and am just going by what I believe I have read.
 I hope that you are having a good experience with your Nexus and that this little bump in the road becomes smooth sailing in the near future.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Offline loociddreemr

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 25
  • OG Droid-Razr MAXX-Nexus 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2012, 10:42:07 AM »
You are correct in your assumption that Square is not supported. Contacting there developer might not get you far as the headphone hack on the device has limitations which make there hardware not compatible. Payment Max is the only known credit card processing that is compatible with the Nexus 7. We can still help you set up a hotspot. Give Foxfi a shot. ATT shouldn't charge you for using it.

Sent From my Razr Maxx (iKreaM.4.1.2.AOKP) via Tapatalk 2

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2012, 10:47:36 AM »
Thanks Loocid. Appreciate the clarification.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Offline chaikenj

• Popularity: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2012, 05:08:41 PM »
Sorry that there hasn't been much activity concerning your question. I am not 100% sure but I think that the Square is not compatible with the Nexus 7 at the moment.

Not sure if you are talking about Square Register or Square Wallet.  I have Square Wallet on my N7 and have used it to make payments in stores that provide WiFi access.  It is not very convenient because I have to remember to connect to the store's WiFi before I get to the cashier.  As others say in this thread, Square Register is not compatible with your N7.

Offline loociddreemr

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 25
  • OG Droid-Razr MAXX-Nexus 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2012, 08:22:09 PM »
I was referring to Square Register. I wasn't aware of Square Wallet. Did you get a hotspot sorted out?

Sent From my Razr Maxx (iKreaM.4.1.2.AOKP) via Tapatalk 2

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts