Nexus 7 Google Play Store And Other Content Forums > Nexus 7 Google Play Account Discussions

Purchased Nexus 7 in Spain - How do I get it to display Google Play in English?

<< < (2/2)

chaikenj:

--- Quote from: loociddreemr on December 05, 2012, 04:01:12 PM ---Are any other apps in Spanish? Such as Play music? Might be a setting with the Google account and not the device.

--- End quote ---

I have a US account, associated with a US vredit card. and a Nexus 7 purchased in the US.  All my Google and N7 account settings specify the language as English.  At the moment I am in Mexico.  Google Play is in Spanish and all prices are in Mexican pesos on my N7 here.  Even using a Windows computer and going to the Google Play website I have great difficulty getting English, and when I do find English the prices are still in Mexican pesos. 

However, on my N7 Google search still gives me US results, while on my computer the website www.google.com cannot be reached from here (instead I am redirected to www.google.com.mx and get results pertinent to Mexico -- kinda silly if I am looking up a hotel in Harrisburg PA)

premieji:
Hi - I have the same problem - I bought my N7 in UK, but stupidly registered it while on holiday in Italy before returning home to Spain where I am also an ex-pat Brit - now Google Play offers me only books and films in Italian! I have been told on other forums that I must return to UK, return the N7 to factory settings, re-register while it is physically in UK... There is a link to how to do this... http://support.google.com/nexus/bin/answer.py?hl=en-GB&answer=2668187&topic=2840575&ctx=topic
Not sure I am brave enough to try this myself - I solved the book problem by downloading the free amazon kindle app so download english books to my tablet from there... HavenĀ“t sourced a good alternative film/movies app yet. Good luck.

matt:
See if this is the app for that.

http://android.appstorm.net/reviews/internet-reviews/tunnelbear-vpn-opens-restricted-local-websites/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version