April 23, 2024, 11:28:14 PM

collapse

Author Topic: HDMI Output  (Read 21976 times)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
Re: HDMI Output
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2012, 09:47:53 PM »
You can link to XDA-Developers as long as it's only an occasional thing.   We do in general like to limit links to other forums due to search ranking purposes (outgoing links can hurt rank) but once in awhile is ok.
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline halibaitor

• Popularity: -3
    • View Profile
Re: Re: HDMI Output
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2012, 10:18:55 PM »
If you read what I read (see my previous post) it seems that the issue is deeper than just software and an external converter. Does this forum allow links to other forms? If not, just read my last posting.

Yeah, I read that, and a bunch more on other sites.  That's why the "massive confusion" reference.  There are others that contradict what you are referring to.  How are we supposed to know what's real and what isn't?

My post was just my best guess after reading a lot of confusing articles on the HDMI issue. You are thinking that we are just out of luck.  (I hope you are wrong, but you could be right.)  We should know for sure in a few weeks after the expert hackers have a go at it.  Boy, I wish they would just ship the tablets already...

Offline matt

• Popularity: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2012, 01:36:18 PM »
When we get android 4.2 there is a feature called miracast that will stream video to the TV over WiFi.
Requires internet ready TV or WiFi hdmi dongle.

http://www.android.com/whatsnew/

Offline optimalbeast

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 30, 2012, 07:03:28 AM »
Where can I can one of those HDMI WiFi dongles?

Offline matt

• Popularity: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2012, 04:17:48 PM »
Netgear just released the first one. 59$ search miracast adapters. Jellybean 4.2 ota announced.(needed for miracast)(trying not to paste links)

I think I'll wait for a cheap dongle to show up, too easy to fall when you're walking the bleeding edge.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 04:28:13 PM by matt »

Offline skipinda

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2012, 02:58:50 AM »
Just seen this;
http://www.engadget.com/2012/07/21/wi-fi-media-lets-your-nexus-7-play-movies-on-any-screen-via-htc/

You'd have to buy the HTC wireless device.  To be honest it should work.  you wouldn;t need this if you had a smart TV though as these have built in wireless any way.

Offline chaikenj

• Popularity: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2012, 04:26:33 PM »
Does anyone know how Google demonstrated the ability to show the device screen on a large screen display. Like to project my device to the TV.

I saw photographs of the N7 that was used in those demonstrations.  It had an HDMI port.  Ordinary customers like you and me cannot buy that version of the N7.

Offline freakshow999

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 05, 2012, 08:44:54 PM »
The Nexus 7 is not capable of HDMI out. The original ones presented at the Google I/O did have hdmi out ports on them but were canned for product pricing.

The wireless HDMI commercials and such they are showing the Nexus 10.

Sent from Keone's Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts