March 28, 2024, 05:54:54 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Return to the beginning  (Read 3583 times)

Offline WilliamP

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Return to the beginning
« on: December 06, 2012, 10:48:42 AM »
Hi everyone. I am new to the Nexus 7 and this forum. I have a question that I would like to get a solution. When I open anything and then navigate to a destination,then close it out, when I open it again, it returns to the same place that I left rather than the beginning. Is this the way it is supposed to be? I hope that you understand what I am asking.

Offline fxsarge

• Popularity: 15
    • View Profile
Re: Return to the beginning
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 11:02:11 AM »
It all depends on the app. Some apps will restart when you exit them by just hitting the home button. Some you have to just keep hitting the back button till it closes. And some you have to hit the settings in the app and hit exit.  Another thing you can try after you have exited an app is to hit your recent apps key and swipe it away.  Other wise its perfectly normal behavior and how android is different than everything else, its true multi tasking.

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 01:26:58 PM »
Welcome to the forum.
Sarge explained it well. Closing can be app specific and it can take some trial and error to figure out what works best for you. Have you discovered the two little rectangles next to home button yet? Just another way to open and close.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Offline WilliamP

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2012, 06:38:06 PM »
Thank you for the info. It wasn't what I wanted to hear,but that is the way it is.

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2012, 11:59:43 PM »
Hello William. I am wondering what didn't you want to hear?
Can you give some examples of which apps and why you need the app to start from scratch ? I am curious because a lot of the apps I use I find it annoying if I have to start over. Like one of my games for example, if i hit the back button by mistake, it closes and I have to load it all over again.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 12:04:45 AM by bjs229 »

Offline WilliamP

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2012, 05:52:42 PM »
I am used to my desk top. If I go to Google and search for a web site ,then go to it. If I close it, then reopen Google it,it doesn't go to the site I was on when I closed it. I was hoping that maybe there was a setting I needed to change.

wallydog

Re: Re: Return to the beginning
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2012, 06:15:31 PM »
I am used to my desk top. If I go to Google and search for a web site ,then go to it. If I close it, then reopen Google it,it doesn't go to the site I was on when I closed it. I was hoping that maybe there was a setting I needed to change.
Yeah there is no Home or Exit for Chrome I got into the habit of taping on Bookmarks before leaving Chrome that way when I open it again I am at the bookmark page.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2
« Last Edit: December 07, 2012, 06:28:23 PM by wallydog »

JayJ

« Reply #7 on: December 08, 2012, 03:42:53 AM »
If whilst in Chrome you press the the Home button in the centre the app will be pushed to the background, when you want to go back to Chrome use the Recently used button (three squares) to the right of the Home button. This is Androids way of multitasking.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 02:36:30 PM by JayJ »

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2012, 01:26:47 AM »
Please try the suggestion of using the recent app button. I think it might make things a little less frustrating for you.

Offline fxsarge

• Popularity: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2012, 08:32:41 AM »

Some apps are just like a desktop. Just close your tabs before hitting the home button.

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2012, 05:59:20 PM »
Just wanted to follow up. Did you try the recent app button? If you close out a webpage by hitting the home button,the recent app icon will take you where you want to go.

Offline WilliamP

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2012, 04:01:10 PM »
Thank you all for the help. I have tried the recent app. button. It is going to take some getting used to.

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2012, 01:45:28 AM »
Thank you all for the help. I have tried the recent app. button. It is going to take some getting used to.
It works though. Right?

Offline WilliamP

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2012, 04:01:44 PM »
I can't tell what it does. It doesn't seem to actually remove anything or return it to the beginning point.

wallydog

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2012, 04:51:05 PM »
I can't tell what it does. It doesn't seem to actually remove anything or return it to the beginning point.
If you need a web browser that always starts at the beginning get Dolphin or Boat browser both free ,with them there is a setting for selecting a Home page and an exit , so every time you use it , it will start at the beginning . There are others that will do the same . Try different ones until you find one you feel comfortable with .

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using Tapatalk 2

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts