April 16, 2024, 02:01:49 AM

collapse

Author Topic: app not compatible with device (FIFA 12)  (Read 1599 times)

Offline Chris K

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
app not compatible with device (FIFA 12)
« on: December 06, 2012, 01:17:18 PM »
I just opened my sons new 32GB N7 so I can get it all ready to go for Christmas. I tried to install and run FIFA 12 but it will not run and gives me a message that the app is not compatible with my device. I have uninstalled it and re-installed it and the same thin happens. Has anyone else had any issues like this? I am not very tech savvy so I am doing my best.

Thanks,
Chris

JayJ

Re: app not compatible with device (FIFA 12)
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2012, 07:07:35 PM »
I would suggest contacting the developer, the Google Play page states the most recent updates makes it available for the Nexus 7.

Sent from my 32GB Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2©

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2012, 10:13:21 PM »
Hello.
This might be an issue with the new update of Jellybean. I had that game loaded on my last Nexus and it ran great. I will try and reinstall it and see what happens. Apps have a lot of information concerning  compatibility on their download pages. It helps to look at reviews specific to our device. As suggested, emailing a developer about an issue politely, can sometimes go a long way.
BTW, Don't worry about not being tech savvy. We all start somewhere. I suggest spending some time  here using the search feature  and reading new posts and just try to absorb what you can. You will be amazed at what you will pick up.  If you have a question that you cant find an answer too, their is a whole family here that will help.
Hope to see you around.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Offline Chris K

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2012, 08:54:05 AM »
Thanks to  those that replied with suggestions for me. I did manage to get Fifa 12 to load on one of the N7's. I took them to work and a younger fella that has one sat down with me and we discovered that I was running version 4.1 of jellybean. So he showed me how to update the system and a few other things. Once we got version 4.2 loaded we went back and installed fifa 12 again and it worked. It took a long time but it worked.

Thanks again,
Chris

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, 10:04:27 AM »
Glad you worked it out. Kind of strange because I can t get mine to work with the new update but it worked great before. In get man error when trying to update the game after its installed .

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts