March 29, 2024, 09:45:12 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Problems logging on in cafe  (Read 7747 times)

Offline chaikenj

• Popularity: 7
    • View Profile
Re: Problems logging on in cafe
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2012, 09:34:35 AM »
What seemed to be the cause of the problem? I go to many places that put me in the situation of getting thru a secured hot spot or Internet connection SPLASH page. I have never had this issue. Why do you need a special app?
Can you describe what happens that you describe as "never had this issue"? Does a browser page open automatically after the WiFi connection starts?  If yes, what browser is it?  If no, what action do you take that lets you authenticate?

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Problems logging on in cafe
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2012, 10:36:27 AM »
What seemed to be the cause of the problem? I go to many places that put me in the situation of getting thru a secured hot spot or Internet connection SPLASH page. I have never had this issue. Why do you need a special app?
Can you describe what happens that you describe as "never had this issue"? Does a browser page open automatically after the WiFi connection starts?  If yes, what browser is it?  If no, what action do you take that lets you authenticate?
What I meant by never had this issue relates to the Original POSTER. If I go to a place say a business and I try and access their free Internet. Sometimes my browser whichever one I am using will redirect to a Splash page saying welcome to our free sign in log in page. You then follow the instructions of either the page or the business sometimes gives you a card with the codes on it. I have been in situations where the page is also my cable provider and all I need to do is input my username and password. Kind of elementary.
The problem for the op was the browser wouldn't take them to the entry gate/log in page for whatever reason. I was wondering what would come up and what the error would say.
Sounds like they have it handled.

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2012, 10:40:01 AM »
No a browser Window doesn't open automatically after WiFi authentication. When you open your browser to try and browse the Web you are directed to SPLASH page which usually give you instructions on how to connect to their service.

Offline chaikenj

• Popularity: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2012, 04:15:00 PM »
@bjs229  ...  I have the same problem as the person who started this thread.  I am connected to WiFi but the next screen does not pop up.  You are thinking the solution has been found?  Is it to install the WiFi Connection Wizard?

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2012, 09:43:05 PM »
You will have to talk to the original poster. I cannot emulate the problem.

Offline PDHopkins

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 06, 2012, 02:05:54 AM »
As I have previously said it seems that the Wi Fi Connection Manager App takes care of all of the connection problems that I had previously had. As to the why details I have no clue.
The posting from matt seems to pointing to the actual problem, if you really need that information.

Offline PDHopkins

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2012, 11:33:09 PM »
I think I have only one more comment on this.
I have noted that the WiFi sign on page in the coffee shop will not down load directly. Instead it will show up as an question icon at to top left on the screen.  This is where the running apps and downloads are shown.  A downward gesture at the center top of the screen will show the details.  Clicking on Question item will cause the sign on page to be shown.

PDHopkins

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 11, 2012, 12:26:54 AM »
So it shows up in Notifications. That is informative.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts