March 28, 2024, 05:14:09 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Need Dummies for Cloud help.  (Read 1929 times)

Offline nodsirrah

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Need Dummies for Cloud help.
« on: December 08, 2012, 10:59:27 AM »
I am a totally new Android user, never touched an Android device before last week.
I want to print from my N7 to my home wireless network printer which is not a Cloud type printer.
I am not a Google Chrome fan, I am using xScope Pro (my default Browser) in order to use Flash so I can remote access Dish Network. Do I have to use Chrome?
Can someone give me detailed information to accomplish this? I am 80 years old and having a hard time with Android stuff.

Offline strollin

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Need Dummies for Cloud help.
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2012, 11:40:51 AM »
You don't need a cloud type printer but you do need to install Chrome long enough to install http://www.google.com/cloudprint/learn/.  Once it's installed, Chrome is no longer needed.

Offline nodsirrah

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2012, 01:56:34 PM »
Thanks Strollin,
I did that but I don't see a "Print" icon. For instance, I tried to print your reply just to check it out and I don't see any way to print it.
I did the GCP test page and that worked.
Excuse my ignorance, but I get more confused every time I attempt to do anything on N7.

Offline CBers

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2012, 02:44:21 PM »
You then need to install CLOUDPRINT app and select the printer you shared.

Sent from my 32GB Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 2

Offline nodsirrah

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2012, 03:15:22 PM »
I have cloud printed 6 other pages already so I know it is working. I selected "Print" from below the posts and it goes to a page showing all of these posts with a tab "Print Page", then after tapping that it takes me 3 other steps before it converts to .pdf and finally prints.
In plain english, cloud print sucks!

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2012, 06:32:25 AM »
Since you said that you have a WiFi printer, you can use PrinterShare from Google Play https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.dynamixsoftware.printershare. The Pro version is pricy at $12.95 US,  so I suggest trying out the free version first. Fortunately I got mine as the free App of the Day on Amazon over a year ago, but if you want an easy printing solution, this the one to use. It will detect your WiFi printer and install the required driver and I have yet to have it fail as I use it to test WiFi printer installations. To print from a browser, long press on the page and select share, then select PrinterShare and your page will print.

IT Service Professional - I Just Want a Device to Be Productive
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 06:37:16 AM by S.Prime »
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline nodsirrah

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2012, 09:43:40 AM »
Thanks S.Prime,
The free version of Printshare works good, I thinks it goes through the same steps as Cloud, but it does it automatically, pretty simple for an antique simpleton like me.
I read some reviews on Amazon for the paid App and they were either good or bad, probably because most of the bad reviews were from Kindle Fire tablets! Glad I have the N7.
I appreciate your help.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts