March 28, 2024, 05:08:13 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Searching content in Nexus 7  (Read 1494 times)

Offline trevorcoates

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Searching content in Nexus 7
« on: December 12, 2012, 02:53:30 AM »
Hi Everyone,

I think I have a fairly basic question, but it is something I have so far failed to work out.  Please, when I download something such as a video clip onto my Nexus, how do I then find where it is?  I want to search for it by name, ie: if I download a clip from Planet Earth for instance, how do I then search for, "Planet Earth"?  I have a file searcher, but that just looks for files rather than the content within files.  I presume there must be a file searcher out there that will fit the bill, I just haven't managed to find it yet and would be very grateful for some help.

Many thanks,

wallydog

Re: Searching content in Nexus 7
« Reply #1 on: December 12, 2012, 04:25:15 PM »
By file searcher I am assuming you have a file manager if you need one I recommend ES File Explorer its free from the PlayStore
Usually downloads go to a Folder called Download it is located in the file directory . Most Android Apps will automatically find the files they use .Music players find the mp3s and video players find the video files .

Offline loociddreemr

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 25
  • OG Droid-Razr MAXX-Nexus 7
    • View Profile
Re: Searching content in Nexus 7
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2012, 12:29:46 AM »
Using ES File explorer is the best option to search for files however, its easier to navigate directly to the file location. If you are downloading via chrome, downloads appear in the dedicated folder. This folder also has a shortcut app in the drawer. If you want to play the videos directly i recommend opening your desired media player and they should appear in the native media gallery.

Sent From my Razr Maxx (iKreaM.4.1.2.AOKP) via Tapatalk 2

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts