March 28, 2024, 12:30:17 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Nexus 7 App Spotlight: 'Lookout - Security & Antivirus'  (Read 3784 times)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
Nexus 7 App Spotlight: 'Lookout - Security & Antivirus'
« on: December 18, 2012, 05:35:51 PM »

I'm highlighting a really useful app today that many of you will want to look into for the security and protection of your Nexus 7.  'Lookout Security & Antivirus' is a full featured antivirus and malware  program for your tablet that just also happens to have an awesome 'find my device' feature to help track your lost and stolen Nexus 7 if you should ever so happen to have that bad situation.  Now there's a host of options in 'Lookout' and while most are available for free there's a 'Premium' version that costs $2.99/month that offers even more options and power.  Here's a short overview of 'Lookout' and while it references phones it works for the Nexus 7 just as nicely.

Now there's far too many features to go into in detail in this short overview but in a nutshell some of what you can expect and do with 'Lookout' are:  detect and remove viruses, spyware and malware, scan numbers you might click in a browser to warn against dangers such as wiping your device, schedule antivirus, block dangerous urls, find your phone on a google map instantly using Lookout.com, sound a loud alarm and 'scream' to find it even if it's set to 'silent', locate your phone even if the battery is dying...locate last known location, remotely lock and wipe your phone, backup contacts, restore all contacts, protect and transfer pictures, call history and more. 

In a nutshell you can see this is one handy app.  The ability to track and retrieve a lost or stolen device alone is worth the download.  Now some of the features above are only available in the 'Premium' version and there's even more to learn so if what I've just outlined sounds like something that's useful to have on your tablet hit the link below and check out 'Lookout Security & Antivirus'. 

« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 03:59:52 PM by Babyfacemagee »

Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline YoshiDrei81601

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Nexus 7 App Spotlight: 'Lookout - Security & Antivirus'
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2012, 07:33:26 PM »
I actually tried that once on my old Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S. I enjoyed it at first but when I have found a better anti-virus it cannot be uninstalled. Now I  use AVG anti-virus on my Nexus 7 and I was more satisfied with the options it offers. It can also be uninstalled unlike the Lookout anti-virus. That was just my opinion anyways, Lookout is also great if you do not mind the problem in uninstalling it. -Yoshi-
Current Gadgets: Nexus 7, Nexus 4
Past Gadgets: Galaxy Tab 10.1, Xperia Arc S

Offline loociddreemr

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 25
  • OG Droid-Razr MAXX-Nexus 7
    • View Profile
Re: Nexus 7 App Spotlight: 'Lookout - Security & Antivirus'
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2012, 08:15:57 PM »
I've chosen lookout over avg.  One of the new features I especially appreciate. For instance, dial *#06# on your smartphone. If your serial number displays on your screen, you are susceptible to a new trending form of malware. Commands can be given through the phones dialer function to potentially harm your device. Dialer commands can be automatically triggered be malicious sites, links or emails. Lookout scans all commands given through the dialer for these potential risks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts