March 28, 2024, 05:07:51 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Why does my N7 battery drain so quickly when it's sleeping?  (Read 1870 times)

Offline ecd1211

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Why does my N7 battery drain so quickly when it's sleeping?
« on: December 16, 2012, 05:21:15 PM »
I carry my N7 with me at work, but seldom use it at home. When it's home, it's asleep, but I've noticed that if I don't completely power it off or plug it into the charger, even if it has a good charge on Friday evening, the battery will be dead by Monday morning.

I've turned off Bluetooth and location services, but it still drains over time even when not in use. I also have an iPad and I do not see this happening with it -- the iPad can be asleep for several days (even when Bluetooth and GPS are turned on) and still have a decent charge when I wake it up...

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
Re: Why does my N7 battery drain so quickly when it's sleeping?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, 05:32:21 PM »
I believe you can check what apps or hardware are consuming your battery. If you check into settings /battery it will give you a breakdown. If The Nexus is being drained while "asleep" it is possibly a rogue app at work.
Three days of no use might be tall order depending on where the battery was charged when put to sleep.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, 05:35:10 PM by bjs229 »

Offline matt

• Popularity: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 10:50:15 PM »
If you go to settings\wifi and press the 3 vertical dots at the upper right, you have options to turn off wifi when asleep and a battery optimization option. Then in settings\more you can turn off nfc and turn on airplane mode. These worked for me.

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2012, 11:09:24 PM »
Apples and oranges... lol thanks for the update.  I do the same chargers everywhere.  I look like I slept walked out of  an ICU  in the middle of the night.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Offline matt

• Popularity: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2012, 09:24:43 AM »
I noticed that mine went from 93% to 90% charge while asleep (both of us) for 6 hours. In settings/ battery, tapping on the graph, there was a red line that disappeared when I disabled nfc. You can also see small spikes of activity during screen off. Maybe different sleep levels, sleep, deep sleep, rem sleep, comatose, yawn.
Turning the tablet off seems the best solution for now to hold a charge.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman