Nexus 7 Google Play Store And Other Content Forums > Nexus 7 Google Play Account Discussions

regarding the $25 Play Store credit

<< < (2/4) > >>

Zell:
But he bought it at Staples and could not use the Google Play Wallet to buy it there.  To the OP, when you started setting up your new N7 (congratulations by the way), did the device know/ask you if you had a Google Play account?  Try using the card info that may be in your Google Play account.  Maybe the credit card info you put into the device does not match what's in your GP account?

birdastrompgman:
My Google Play account had $25 in credit, which I blew through on app purchases today. I didn't realize you bought your N7 from Staples, trainerKen. I don't know how you get your $25 credit, or even if you do.   The offer was originally only for people who bought from Google Play.  Let us know if you can get it.

Babyfacemagee:
The $25 credit is available for everyone, not just those that ordered through Google Play. Zell is correct...you need to set up a Google Play account with a credit card.

trainerKEN:

--- Quote from: Zell on July 17, 2012, 04:29:04 PM ---Why is it asking for credit card info for the $25 Google Play credit?  Shouldn't that credit show up on your Google Play Wallet/account to use on Google Play?  Does Google Play put $25 on one of your credit cards (a refund of sorts?) in hopes you'll use that card to made purchases on Google Play?  Maybe I'm missing something?

--- End quote ---

I'm not sure why either, but it was part of the setup process (early on in the process, I might add)

trainerKEN:

--- Quote from: Zell on July 17, 2012, 04:57:43 PM --- To the OP, when you started setting up your new N7 (congratulations by the way), did the device know/ask you if you had a Google Play account?  Try using the card info that may be in your Google Play account.  Maybe the credit card info you put into the device does not match what's in your GP account?

--- End quote ---

No, at that point in the setup, if I recall correctly, it was early on in the setup (like 2nd or 3rd step), it asked for the CC number BEFORE entering my Google account.  And yes, I already have one... I currently use a Galaxy Nexus (and have had two other Android phones before). 

I DID tried buying an app to see if it would take me somewhere to show that I have a $25 credit, but it didn't.  I just asked to confirm about charging my CC, the one that was already setup with the Galaxy Nexus.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version