March 28, 2024, 09:35:08 AM

collapse

Author Topic: I need some phone help guys  (Read 4069 times)

Offline fxsarge

• Popularity: 15
    • View Profile
I need some phone help guys
« on: December 23, 2012, 07:06:42 PM »
OK I got a galaxy nexus 16gb unlocked. I would like to get a new phone that is unlocked. I'm considering the nexus 4 but I heard the rumor about the new Motorola X project next year. Part of me thinks well the N4 is so cheap compared to other unlocked phones but that is 350 bucks towards the new moto phone. 

Any input guys?

There isn't any particular thing wrong with my gnex, its just getting a little old.

Offline radiocycle

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
Re: I need some phone help guys
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2012, 09:15:46 PM »
Well sarge, I can't give a comparison as I've only had a Moto Triumph (VM) but I'm sure diggin' my N4!  Fast, excellent screen, a pure Android experience.  Plays well with the N7 + :)

radio
Time flies like arrows... Fruit flies like bananas!

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2012, 09:20:47 PM »
How far into next year? The 4 is new enough that you should get a good return selling it pre owned if you decide to dump it. .

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Offline fxsarge

• View Profile
Re: Re: I need some phone help guys
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2012, 09:37:04 PM »
How far into next year? The 4 is new enough that you should get a good return selling it pre owned if you decide to dump it. .

The problem is that its just the start of the rumors so it might not be till the end of next year or midway through. All the specs seem sweet on the N4 and the build quality looks exactly like what I want but I can't say I'm a fan of lg.

JayJ

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2012, 02:39:53 AM »
I finally got my Nexus 4 last week, haven't quite had it a week yet, Christmas day will be a week. I was angry about the wait but I'm not anymore because the N4 is fantastic and was worth the wait.
It depends why you want an N4, it's a great looking phone, the screen looks amazing and the processor is super fast but otherwise most of the features ie. Jelly Bean will be the same as your Gnex.

The rumours circulating about the Motorola X are vague atm, sources aren't even sure if it'll be marketed as an " Android" phone. I'm not saying it's not going to be any good but most info on it atm is purely speculation.

I don't regret getting the N4, I paid £279 (GBP) for the 16GB and sold my S2 (still under contract) for £150 so paid just £129 for my N4. I can't complain at that.

I think you should go for it, if you still want a Moto X then sell the N4 closer to the release of the X....

EDIT- Personally I have no real experience of LG, I've heard all the talk on the net but I've also heard these same people stating the build quality on the N4 is great. I wouldn't let any pass failings from LG cloud your judgement.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 04:43:07 AM by JayJ »

Offline fxsarge

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2012, 07:49:45 AM »
Do you guys have any input on the durability of the back glass?

Offline fxsarge

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2012, 03:28:55 PM »
Nothing from the peanut gallery?

JayJ

« Reply #7 on: December 25, 2012, 04:14:05 PM »
Peanut Gallery?

I can't give any advice on the back glass, I've only had mine 7 days but I can tell you it isn't Gorilla Glass and isn't as strong as Gorilla Glass. Search the net for more info...

Offline fxsarge

• View Profile
Re: Re: I need some phone help guys
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2012, 06:39:10 PM »
Peanut Gallery?

I can't give any advice on the back glass, I've only had mine 7 days but I can tell you it isn't Gorilla Glass and isn't as strong as Gorilla Glass. Search the net for more info...

Lol old muppets joke.

Gotcha though. So a case is recommended

Offline fxsarge

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2012, 01:35:56 PM »
Just an update, I decided it was worth the upgrade and will order a N4 when the become available depending on how soon it is to the Google I/O conference.

JayJ

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2012, 05:33:09 PM »
Good man, see you on the www.nexus4forum.org

Sent from my 32GB Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2©

Offline radiocycle

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2012, 09:13:07 PM »
Well, 'peanut gallery' may have originated on the old b&w TV series,  'The Howdy Doody Show' with Buffalow Bob.  All the kids in the live audiance were the 'peanut gallery'. 

As far as the back glass goes, I've had mine covered with a soft gel type case and it never has been any kind of an issue.  The case protects it well when it's out of it's holster that I keep the whole works in.  Seems durable enough for my use...

radio

Time flies like arrows... Fruit flies like bananas!

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2012, 10:41:16 PM »
It's Howdy Doody Time.

Offline Tiny

• Popularity: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 28, 2012, 05:04:51 PM »
OK I got a galaxy nexus 16gb unlocked. I would like to get a new phone that is unlocked. I'm considering the nexus 4 but I heard the rumor about the new Motorola X project next year. Part of me thinks well the N4 is so cheap compared to other unlocked phones but that is 350 bucks towards the new moto phone. 

Any input guys?

There isn't any particular thing wrong with my gnex, its just getting a little old.

Over the years, I've discovered that if you wait for the latest, greatest technology in (insert your electronic device here), you'll always be waiting and never buying.  There is almost always an announcement that something better will be released soon.  Usually the pricing has not yet been set.
I used to be crazy until I found out that insane pays more.

Where am I?  What am I doing in this handbasket?

Offline Tiny

• Popularity: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 28, 2012, 05:20:06 PM »
The peanut gallery goes way back to the days of Vaudeville.  Howdy Doody made the term famous.  A tough trivia question for y'all.  What are the only words that Clarabelle ever spoke on the show?  I remember the episode to this day.  I think I was about 11 years old.
I used to be crazy until I found out that insane pays more.

Where am I?  What am I doing in this handbasket?

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman