April 16, 2024, 10:10:50 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Nexus 7 Dock Up For Preorder At ExcaliberPC  (Read 2999 times)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
Nexus 7 Dock Up For Preorder At ExcaliberPC
« on: December 27, 2012, 01:33:16 PM »

Once again the elusive Nexus 7 dock is making an appearance at another 3rd party retailer and yet still is not available through the Google Play store.  This time it's popped up on the Excaliberpc.com site where you can apparently preorder the dock for $39.99 plus $7 shipping.  Now it clearly states that the dock is backordered, yet it let's you place your order in the queue. 

For those new Nexus 7 owners that aren't aware of the history, the Nexus 7 dock first appeared several months ago along with several other 'official' accessories via some leaked press shots.  Among these accessories included various types of cases, including a keyboard case and the dock.  Over the past few months it's been somewhat of a mystery as to why most of the accessories never found their way to the Google Play Store and we can only think that perhaps it was to encourage 3rd party companies to make accessories or perhaps they couldn't lock down manufacturing capacity. 

The audio dock above provides a MicroUSB connector as well as an audio out and lets you park your Nexus 7 in landscape orientation.  It connects via the pogo pin connectors on the side of the unit.   We've seen several reports that the dock would be available in December and with the new year almost here we can only think that its official release is imminent.   So anyone here going to place an order with ExcaliberPC and hope for quick fulfillment?

« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 01:14:04 AM by Babyfacemagee »

Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
Re: Nexus 7 Dock Up For Preorder At ExcaliberPC
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 12:25:48 AM »
This is perfect for my Karaoke setup. When available from a reliable source with a delivery date it's mine.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
« Last Edit: December 28, 2012, 03:22:17 AM by Babyfacemagee »

JayJ

Re: Nexus 7 Dock Up For Preorder At ExcaliberPC
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 04:31:42 AM »
I keep looking on UK sites...

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts