March 28, 2024, 12:20:58 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Baked Grouper Blackbean  (Read 1606 times)

Offline arborij

• Android Nerd
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 4
    • View Profile
Baked Grouper Blackbean
« on: October 25, 2012, 12:04:36 PM »
This ROM was the first one I flashed to the N7, and it was OK, nothing flashy, but pretty stable.

This one offered inverted Google Apps, which most are nowadays, but it came thorugh a little problematic.  The system kept getting confused, and resorting to requesting for permissions constantly, which was the eventual reason for its demise on my device.

As most ROMs with an AOSP base, it offers a fair amount of customization ability, including the addition of Lockscreen weather, calendar, and color change.  Although I am not interested, it also offers AOKP toggles, which some think are good.  The speed of the ROM was good, along with the transitions from app to app being buttery smooth, something we've grown to expect with the device, in general.

Battery life seemed largely unaffected with the change, or if it was, I did not notice a marked change, better or worse.  That said, since the battery life, for my device, is more than sufficient, I am not too concerned with it.  The ROM did give the ability to undervoltage the device if you wish, but I usually stay away from it, unless I am very comfortable with the stability and quality of the ROM, in general.

IMHO, I would probably say that the ROM falls under the "meh" category.

http://teamicemods.com/baked-downloads/

Droid OG (Retired), Droid 2 (Retired), Droid 3(Retired), Droid X (Retired), Droid X2 (Retired)
Samsung Galaxy Nexus (Unlocked, Rooted, Overclocked, Undervoltaged), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (Stock)
Nexus 7 (Unlocked, Rooted, Undervoltaged)
Please click "Thumbs up" if somebody posts something helpf

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts