March 28, 2024, 12:38:30 PM

collapse

Author Topic: obb folder, file and storage management  (Read 1645 times)

Offline loociddreemr

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 25
  • OG Droid-Razr MAXX-Nexus 7
    • View Profile
obb folder, file and storage management
« on: December 28, 2012, 07:47:34 PM »
I have purchased a few games that require fairly large files to be downloaded.  Quite a few of them exceed 1Gb.  I seemed to have run out of storage on my 32Gb Nexus.  I really dont want to admit defeat here and settle without installing the rest of my purchased games.  So, I'm trying to clean up my sdcard storage manually.  There is a folder /sdcard/obb that contains the downloaded files for the games.  To my understanding, these are packed binary files that are extracted when the game is installed after download.  Are these files still required? Unfortunately they are not even removed when the game is uninstalled, so they must be removed manually. 

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
Re: obb folder, file and storage management
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 07:57:54 PM »
Yes. I have read they are the downloaded files after installing the apk. I am in the same boat.  Half of my games are still in Googles hands. I delete the files after I put the game in purgatory.  I guess I have to probably start over if I decide to play again.  I still haven't had the patience to learn how to load them on a stick.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Offline loociddreemr

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 25
  • OG Droid-Razr MAXX-Nexus 7
    • View Profile
Re: obb folder, file and storage management
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2012, 08:10:32 PM »
With the switch in the file system after 4.2.1, I'm finding physical duplicates of many files.  Not just the emulated directories, but actual files hogging up my space! Switching ROMs a couple times probably didn't help either.

So have you deleted the obb without issues running a game?

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman