It's Friday and you know what that means at Nexus7Forum.com! That's right, the weekly game 'spotlight' and today's pick is the latest release in Gameloft's sci-fi first person shooter series: 'N.O.V.A. 3: Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance'. Now as some of you might know, N.O.V.A 2 was probably the first 'modern' first person shooter to appear on the Android platform and for a long time had the most sophisticated and cutting edge graphics of the class. Until at least such titles as Shadowgun and Horn appeared. Well Gameloft is looking to take their 'cutting edge' title back and with N.O.V.A. 3 they just might give these other games a run for their money! I'll let you be the judge...here's some gameplay video to give you a taste of the game:
• An epic storyline: Humanity finally returns to Earth after years of exile! Fight in 10 immersive levels across the galaxy, from a war-torn Earth to a frozen Volterite city.
• Multiple weapons and powers: Run, shoot, drive vehicles, and pilot a mech to defeat hordes of enemies.
• Join 12-player battles in 6 multiplayer modes (Capture the Point, Free-for-All, Capture the Flag, etc.) on 6 different maps.
• For the first time, multiple allies can jump inside the same vehicle and spread destruction on the battlefield.
• Discover the new FPS benchmark for graphics and gameplay (real-time shadow & lights, particle system, ragdoll physics, etc.)
In 'N.O.V.A. 3: Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance' it's 4 months after the action took place in N.O.V.A. 2 and you again play our hero Kal Wardin, who is summoned to save earth from the volterite invasion. There's 10 awesome levels that take you from a war-torn earth to a frozen Volterite city. There's tons of weapons, multi-player support and awesome graphics featuring real-time shadowing, dynamic lighting, a cutting edge particle system with ragdoll physics and more. Now this game is so graphically intense that some Nexus 7 owners have complained of some framerate issues while playing particularly action packed parts of the game so it's recommended you close out of other running apps when playing. Now 'N.O.V.A. 3: Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance' is usually $6.99 in the Google Play Store but for a limited time it's on sale for only 99 cents for the holiday. This is a lot of game for just a buck so don't delay..download 'N.O.V.A. 3: Near Orbit Vanguard Alliance' at the link below!