2012 Nexus 7 Discussion Forums (1st Generation) > Nexus 7 Ordering and Shipping

Some preorders may not be filled?

(1/3) > >>

coolbreeze:
Just got done reading this World News Resource report and according to the the preorder sales where so over whelming that theres a strong chance that Google will not be able to ship preorders that have not been filled until August. I for one hope I either read this wrong or that WNR is totally wrong, since I have yet to receive any shipping information from GP. If this is the case I will be highly upset that they kept my money on the cancelled order I had that they claimed on the 12th could not be refunded because the shipper had my order already and it was to late to stop it.

From World News Resource:

Link: http://worldnewsresource.com/google-nexus-7-supplies-exhausted-before-release-date-new-stock-expected-august/3120/nadene-woods

--- Quote ---Reports suggest that Nexus 7 preorders have already exhausted Google’s first two shipments from its core suppliers, with numerous third-party vendors having also listed the tablet as being temporarily out of stock. Unfortunately, rumor has it that Google’s next wave of Nexus 7 tablets isn’t due to arrive until August, meaning that those buyers who haven’t already received their orders or tracking numbers may be waiting at least another two weeks.]
--- End quote ---

I am just going to bank on this being sensationalism and that preorders will be shipped as promised and in hand by Friday.

ibm650:
That would be very bad press, and would show a lack of planning. Although, it could create the perception that the Nexus was in short supply and therefore to be coveted.
if the earth were made of gold, men would die for a handful of dirt.  - Anyone know the quote (yes you could look it up on google)

Babyfacemagee:
Google actually announced today that all pre-orders that had been ordered by Friday the 13th have been shipped as of today (although they could still be in transit) so I wouldn't put any credence to this 'news' report.  Besides, what the heck is 'worldnewsresource'?  Looks like some hobbyists personal site, not a legit news site.

coolbreeze:

--- Quote from: Babyfacemagee on July 17, 2012, 11:09:42 AM ---Google actually announced today that all pre-orders that had been ordered by Friday the 13th have been shipped as of today (although they could still be in transit) so I wouldn't put any credence to this 'news' report.  Besides, what the heck is 'worldnewsresource'?  Looks like some hobbyists personal site, not a legit news site.

--- End quote ---

Google has some serious logistics and organizational issues. If my preorders shipped I have yet to can any notifications, tracking numbers or charges. Hope your right though.

samalex:

--- Quote from: Babyfacemagee on July 17, 2012, 11:09:42 AM ---Google actually announced today that all pre-orders that had been ordered by Friday the 13th have been shipped as of today (although they could still be in transit) so I wouldn't put any credence to this 'news' report.  Besides, what the heck is 'worldnewsresource'?  Looks like some hobbyists personal site, not a legit news site.

--- End quote ---

I agree, this site could be riding the inertia of Google's bad step for some page views, so I wouldn't put much credibility in it.  Besides these folks are in Krakow, Poland, so how would they get this tidbit of info before any major tech news organizations or bloggers in the US?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version