March 29, 2024, 03:45:40 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Some preorders may not be filled?  (Read 3864 times)

Offline coolbreeze

• Popularity: 6
    • View Profile
Some preorders may not be filled?
« on: July 17, 2012, 10:16:32 AM »
Just got done reading this World News Resource report and according to the the preorder sales where so over whelming that theres a strong chance that Google will not be able to ship preorders that have not been filled until August. I for one hope I either read this wrong or that WNR is totally wrong, since I have yet to receive any shipping information from GP. If this is the case I will be highly upset that they kept my money on the cancelled order I had that they claimed on the 12th could not be refunded because the shipper had my order already and it was to late to stop it.

From World News Resource:

Link: http://worldnewsresource.com/google-nexus-7-supplies-exhausted-before-release-date-new-stock-expected-august/3120/nadene-woods

Reports suggest that Nexus 7 preorders have already exhausted Google’s first two shipments from its core suppliers, with numerous third-party vendors having also listed the tablet as being temporarily out of stock. Unfortunately, rumor has it that Google’s next wave of Nexus 7 tablets isn’t due to arrive until August, meaning that those buyers who haven’t already received their orders or tracking numbers may be waiting at least another two weeks.]

I am just going to bank on this being sensationalism and that preorders will be shipped as promised and in hand by Friday.

Razr Maxx , Nexus 7

Offline ibm650

• Popularity: -5
    • View Profile
Re: Some preorders may not be filled?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2012, 10:41:16 AM »
That would be very bad press, and would show a lack of planning. Although, it could create the perception that the Nexus was in short supply and therefore to be coveted.
if the earth were made of gold, men would die for a handful of dirt.  - Anyone know the quote (yes you could look it up on google)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2012, 11:09:42 AM »
Google actually announced today that all pre-orders that had been ordered by Friday the 13th have been shipped as of today (although they could still be in transit) so I wouldn't put any credence to this 'news' report.  Besides, what the heck is 'worldnewsresource'?  Looks like some hobbyists personal site, not a legit news site.
Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline coolbreeze

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2012, 11:16:26 AM »
Google actually announced today that all pre-orders that had been ordered by Friday the 13th have been shipped as of today (although they could still be in transit) so I wouldn't put any credence to this 'news' report.  Besides, what the heck is 'worldnewsresource'?  Looks like some hobbyists personal site, not a legit news site.

Google has some serious logistics and organizational issues. If my preorders shipped I have yet to can any notifications, tracking numbers or charges. Hope your right though.
Razr Maxx , Nexus 7

Offline samalex

• Popularity: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2012, 12:55:23 PM »

I agree, this site could be riding the inertia of Google's bad step for some page views, so I wouldn't put much credibility in it.  Besides these folks are in Krakow, Poland, so how would they get this tidbit of info before any major tech news organizations or bloggers in the US?

Offline coolbreeze

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2012, 01:31:20 PM »
I call to verify whether they all shipped today. After 1 and a half hour wait I was told it might be for 5 more days before I would get a notification and that they could not promise me it would ship this week. after getting a supervisor I was told I could cancel both my orders. So I went online check with staples and found out they have them in stock. I'm writing this from my new nexus 7 that I just picked up minutes ago.
Razr Maxx , Nexus 7

Offline samalex

• Popularity: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2012, 01:43:36 PM »
I call to verify whether they all shipped today. After 1 and a half hour wait I was told it might be for 5 more days before I would get a notification and that they could not promise me it would ship this week. after getting a supervisor I was told I could cancel both my orders. So I went online check with staples and found out they have them in stock. I'm writing this from my new nexus 7 that I just picked up minutes ago.

Dang... so you saved the $14 on shipping.  Nice!  Did they say what the hold-up was though?

Sam

Offline coolbreeze

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2012, 02:11:18 PM »

Dang... so you saved the $14 on shipping.  Nice!  Did they say what the hold-up was though?

Sam

No. They are regurgitating some BS they are told to say. I am not sure how all this will work out and maybe all the units do go out and get into everybody's hands on time, but what I will not stand for is a company giving me the round about. They have changed their story with me to many times and most of it is bull. Like telling me on the 12th they couldn't cancel my order because it is in the shippers hands, then telling me today, after promising me it would ship by the Monday, that it might be 4 to 5 days before I get a tracking number. I would have been fine if they just gave me solid information about what I can honestly  expect, but to give me a run around will get me to act every time. 
Razr Maxx , Nexus 7

Offline coolbreeze

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2012, 02:38:59 PM »
Well already changed my wallpaper and installed screen protector.

Razr Maxx , Nexus 7

Offline pduffer

• Popularity: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2012, 05:21:21 PM »
You got a completely different story from Google today than I did.  I was told all pre orders should be delivered by Friday.  I hate it when a company won't shoot straight with their customers. Sadly, I'm at least 2 hours away from any possible retailer that might have one in stock.

Offline StrongAndUnited

• Popularity: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2012, 07:14:41 PM »
Received this about an hour ago.

Hello,

We wanted to send you an update on your Nexus 7 pre-order. We’ve had incredible demand for the new tablet and are shipping them as quickly as possible. If you placed your order by July 11, it will ship this week and we’ve upgraded to overnight shipping so it arrives sooner. Orders placed after July 11, will ship next week with overnight shipping.

If you’d like more detailed information on device shipments, please reference our online Help Center http://support.google.com/googleplay/bin/answer.py? hl=en&answer=2667319

Thanks for your patience. Your Nexus 7 will be on its way soon.

The Google Play Team

© 2012 Google Inc. 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043

You have received this mandatory email service announcement to update you on your Nexus 7 product pre-order.

Offline coolbreeze

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2012, 07:24:22 PM »
I'm glad I went ahead and cancel my order and grabbed one from staples.
Razr Maxx , Nexus 7

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2012, 07:42:45 PM »
Guys/girls to avoid double posting and help users follow the shipping let's keep future shipping posts in this topic following the important email that StrongAndUnited posted Here.
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline coolbreeze

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2012, 08:44:18 PM »
Completely different thread. This is related to Google  inability to and deception on fulfilling their pre order promise and those effected by it.
Razr Maxx , Nexus 7

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts