March 28, 2024, 10:26:15 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Using Amazon Cloud  (Read 3611 times)

Offline Kjaerlighet

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Using Amazon Cloud
« on: December 29, 2012, 06:23:50 AM »
Hello again,

Another question from me.  Thanks in advance.

I've signed on to the Amazon Cloud and uploaded music from my computer to the Cloud.  It's not appearing on my N7 through the Amazon MP3 app.  It's showing in the file manager app so is this the way it should happen, or should I be able to actually access the Cloud?

Thanks again.

JayJ

Re: Using Amazon Cloud
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2012, 06:40:33 AM »
So long as you have internet access you should see any content uploaded to Amazon's Cloud Player but why not use Goggles Play Music? Unless you have allot of content you have bought from Amazon which doesn't count towards your limited storage, Amazon's Cloud Player has limited storage for content not bought from Amazon.
Goggles Play Music allows you to upload 20 thousand songs, I was using Amazon until Google released the upload option to regions other than the US.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 10:27:49 AM by JayJ »

Offline Kjaerlighet

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2013, 07:30:44 AM »
JayJ,

Thanks for this.  I will take a look at Google Music.

:-)

Offline loociddreemr

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 25
  • OG Droid-Razr MAXX-Nexus 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2013, 09:10:24 AM »
Good suggestion Jay. You might have noticed that I'm quite the advocate of Google play music.

Sent From my Dual-boot Razr Maxx (PNuT.BuTTa.JB.v1.0.4a-R3Ds themed URBaN.v1.1) via Tapatalk 2

JayJ

« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2013, 10:34:56 AM »
I couldn't agree more loocidreemr, I love it.
Owning a Nexus 7 & Nexus 4 both of which have no external storage Play Music saves me storage space. Okay so I have a little more space on my 32GB N7 compared to my 16GB N4 but why fill the internal storage I have with music when I can store it on the cloud and pin what I wasn't when I want it.
So long as I remember, walked to pick my daughters up from school this afternoon and we live in a rural area with no 3G coverage...
Guess who forgot to pin some music... lol

Sent from my Nexus 4

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2013, 01:59:07 PM »
I use Google Music as well. I love it. When my bluetooth is working its amazing. While on the subject does anyone know why some songs seem to be playable while not connected to the internet? I never downloaded them or pinned them? I can't find them in my file system.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

JayJ

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2013, 02:17:40 PM »
Music that is played recently is cached until the device is rebooted I believe, thanks to sarge for the nugget of info...

Offline Kjaerlighet

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2013, 02:56:17 PM »
Ok, as this is all new to me I hope you'll be patient!

I looked at Google Music and found a site that helped me with details on how to upload music from my PC to Google Music on my N7.  It asked for credit card details but said the card wouldn't be charged. I am suspicious as I don't truly know how this works.  Does that sound right to you guys?  If not, could someone please explain, in laymans terms LOL, how I can upload songs, etc., to Google Play on my N7.

And another dumb question, but hey if you don't ask you don't find out, right?

What does pinning mean and how do i do that?

Thanks for your help.

JayJ

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2013, 03:13:10 PM »
"The Cloud" is a generic term for online storage, you upload your music to Google's servers using the Play Music uploader and then when your nexus 7 has a data connection (Wi-Fi or 3G if you have a 3g N7) you open the Play Music application and your music will be there. If you want to access this music when you don't have a data connection you can pin the music to your Nexus 7, pinning means the music is downloaded to the internal storage of your nexus 7 by tapping the pin icon beside tracks.

Google is asking for you credit card because the Google Play store contains paid applications, music and movies.

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2013, 12:25:37 AM »
Make sure that it is Google that you are giving your card info too. Be careful of spoofed sites and such. Have you set up an account at the Google Play store yet for apps? If not, I would go that route and then you should be set with Google music.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Offline Kjaerlighet

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2013, 03:43:59 PM »
thanks guys.  I will go take a look at that right now.

I love the knowledge that's on these sites and thanks for sharing.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts