2012 Nexus 7 Discussion Forums (1st Generation) > Nexus 7 Storage and Backup

Cleaning up the file storage

(1/3) > >>

loociddreemr:
I'm trying to clean up this beast without formating my sdcard.  There seems to be some remnants of the old file system left over from 4.1.2. Now I'm on CM10.1 and I'm not sure that the file setup is the same as a stock device. For instance, I have a /sdcard/Android/data folder containing 6.03Gb.  I believe that this is my current location for installed app data. I also have /sdcard/0/Android/data containing 4.82Gb with files that haven't been modified since I switched to CM10.1.  I think that this is the stock location for installed app data on 4.2.1.  Can anyone verify this?

I also have /sdcard/0/0/Android/data containing 186.12Mb.  I believe that this is the old directory from 4.1.2 that was carried over into the new file system. 

My old CWM backups are located along this same path in sdcard/0/0/clockworkmod/  If I want to copy these backups over to the new directory, do I need the blobs folder too?

Bigtroutz:
you are rooted right ?

why not back it up w titanium and try it ?  worst that could happen is you will need to load the backup, if titanium's reputation is worth a damn...

JayJ:
Titanium backs up internal system files, not files that big games a la EA, Gameloft et cetera store on the user memory (SD Card).
Having said that I believe there are settings within Titanium to allow this... under Preferences and Backup settings, Backup app external data. I think this backs up any data suited on the user memory (SD Card).

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

matt:
I'd move an apk to the computer or nas with windows/es file explorer to test if it's needed. It'd be a drag to have a 2GB game on there twice. If it doesn't work, move it back or reinstall program. I prefer to back up apks before they are installed.

JayJ:
I'm now copying my obb folder to Dropbox and then will test to see if I have lost anything...

I only have 7GB remaining in my 32GB N7 and don't have that much stored on it, will check later for any remnants from 4.1.2 too.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version