March 28, 2024, 04:33:39 AM

collapse

Author Topic: N7 comms app with bluetooth headset verified working?  (Read 1342 times)

Offline davros1973

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
N7 comms app with bluetooth headset verified working?
« on: September 29, 2012, 04:28:42 AM »
Hi

Can anyone please give me a definite self-verified answer? Or a link to a page demonstrating someone specifically verifying this (not just alluding to or possessing just an incidental quality).

I live in the UK; I have a Nexus 7. Unrooted.
I have a Plantronics M20 ... because all Google would tell me is Bluetooth 3 and HFP 1.5 so I bought something that matches that spec. precisely.
I have a 3G MiFi so I can have wifi out and about.
I want to chat with my Australian friend - not by holding up the N7 to my face ... but via headset in a noisy urban environment, while walking 4.5 miles to work (because of time difference etc.).
Which app. definitely works within these parameters to allow me to talk to her app to app? Using the headset?

I cannot find any precision evidence that indicates verified working app to app (paid or free but non-tariff) (and not app to landline/mobile) comms with a bluetooth headset on the N7. I have searched for 3-weeks and have even asked Google. I have seen a lot of references about things that do not work and other problems.  I have seen a lot of confusion - e.g. ear piece only use and A2DP rather than HFP or confusing internal microphone routing with bluetooth headset routing during tests).

Please someone, anyone - can you help?

Cheers!

Offline sluggomagoo

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Re: N7 comms app with bluetooth headset verified working?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 08:25:48 AM »
Looks like this was posted 4 months ago but I'll tell you want works for me after exchanging my Nexus 7 twice due to Bluetooth hardware issues. I use an app called Talkatone which hooks into a Google voice account numbers. At first I had Bluetooth issues with my Plantronics PLT510 and after many phone calls to Google Tech support, I had to exchange my Nexus 7 twice before I got one without problems. I don't know for sure it was a hardware issue but, I have no other explanation.

Now I can make Talkatone phone calls over with WIFI either at home or when I tether off my iPhone 5.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman