March 28, 2024, 11:24:29 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Battery Not Charging  (Read 1120 times)

Offline Alina

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Battery Not Charging
« on: January 03, 2013, 01:24:29 AM »
My brother gave me a Nexus 7 for Christmas 2012.  The first time it charged really fast and yes, I know that's because it had no content on it yet.  :). But every time I turn the device off and charge, it seems to take a really long time.  It actually doesn't seem to charge past 43% even when left on the cable into the wall socket all night.

I charged it today for eight hours, turned off, and it only went up 10% charge to 36%.  I have Checked under apps to see what could be draining it, as the battery also goes down VERY fast, but can't see what it could be. Only six apps have been installed.

I noticed that under Battery, Screen says 78%. Is that normal?  Everything else under there appears to be under 5%.  Given I've only had it just over a week, what could be wrong with the Nexus?

I also wondered why it can't be charged when the Nexus is on, like other devices can?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2013, 01:27:26 AM by Alina »

JayJ

Re: Battery Not Charging
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2013, 03:54:10 AM »
Yes you should be able to charge whilst the tablet is turned on, I would also guess that there is some issue with your tablet if it isn't charging correctly whether off or on.
First thing to do would be a Factory data reset because if you contact Google about this it's probably what they will suggest. To do this...

Settings> Back up & reset> Factory days reset.

Warning: Performing a Factory data reset will wrote your device including the internal storage so be sure to backup all data including Photos, Music, Video, Contacts that are not synced, Calendar events not synced et cetera...[/b]

Let us know how you get on.

Sent from my AOKP Nexus 4

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt