Make a Nandroid backup.
Run a custom ROM.
Transfer data to and from external flash storage via OTG.
Sixaxis controller pairing
Remove ads from all apps.
Change permissions on system partition for sideloading
Sent From my Razr Maxx (iKReaM.NeW.ErA.1.0.4) via Tapatalk 2
Add to the above good reasons:
- charge the N7 at the same time connected to USB storage using new kernal elements
- connect to and use USB webcams, software & drivers not connectable unrooted
- connect to and use ethernet adapters not connectable unrooted
- run an alternate operating system (eg linux)
- add, modify or remove basic OS components, preinstalled crapware (custom launchers, Google apps)