Nexus 7 Google Play Store And Other Content Forums > Nexus 7 Google Play Account Discussions

Was your account pre-setup on new N7?

(1/2) > >>

samalex:
When I ordered my N7 I think it asked if I wanted the device setup on my account, which I think I clicked Yes... but just curious what exactly is setup or pre-loaded account wise when you boot it up for the first time.

Puce Moose:
Yep, mine greeting me with my name & email address when I first turned it out (surprising me a bit), so there must be at least a bit of pre-loading/account setup. My guess is that they just put the email address/google account that you used to order the system into the Nexus, and it extracts a bit of information automatically based on your account settings.

S.Prime:
Pre-setup was an option when you ordered from the Google Play Store.

nexus 7:
So was 1-2 weeks but that meant nothing :(

S.Prime:
From what I read in the extended information, your N7 would come with your Gmail account pre-configured, which my guess would mean that Google Play would include your account information as well and that location tracking would be turned on. I opted out of the account pre-setup, because I prefer to set what I want to share with Google on my own, even though disabling location sharing is east enough to disable.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version