March 28, 2024, 08:04:00 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Bought BW...no app drawer in menu?  (Read 2323 times)

Offline chessie

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
Bought BW...no app drawer in menu?
« on: January 05, 2013, 10:02:58 PM »
Okay after all the glowing reviews in the forums....I purchased my first app...Beautiful Widgets. But all I see when I open the icon, is a how-to that tells me that I should open my app drawer and select from there.  I don't see anything in BW that gives me any selection.  What am I doing wrong?

Offline fxsarge

• Popularity: 15
    • View Profile
Re: Bought BW...no app drawer in menu?
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2013, 10:24:01 PM »
Look under the status bar and you will see a tab called widgets. All the widgets are in there

JayJ

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 01:37:20 AM »
Open the app tray and as sarge said you'll see Apps and Widgets at the top, either scroll the app tray left until you come to the widgets or tap the Widgets tab at the top. Then scroll the screen to the left to find the BW selection, press and hold your selection and the Nexus will skip to your homescreen, release to place the widget.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Offline chessie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 08:04:51 AM »
Oh...so they are just placed in the widget section already...okay.  I kept reading threads that said I should tap the home screen and I would get a list of widgets to select from.   That must be for different devices....because all I get when I do that is a wallpaper option. 

So..this was just clock and weather widgets then?  Hmmm.  Right now, I'm not seeing what is the big deal, thinking I should have researched more before making my big purchase!   :-X   Learning as I go!!  :)  Thanks!

Offline chessie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 08:29:13 AM »
Another question...probably a dumb one.  ::)   Unless I misread, I should be able to place a weather widget for each weather location I want to see.  In other words, have a east coast, a west coast, a Paris...whatever.   But when I try to "manage locations" in the settings, it won't let me move anything.  Even on just one....I hit the "reorder locations" button, and I can't get anything to change.  Again, I guess I am missing something?

Offline chessie

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013, 08:43:45 AM »
Whoops!  Never mind.  I figured it out!  8)   I was trying to use the wrong place to select the location for each widget.  I now have 3 weather widgets all lined up, each one with a different location.  Nice.

Offline fxsarge

• Popularity: 15
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2013, 08:55:57 AM »
Lol keep posting questions as you go.

BW also adds lock screen widgets

JayJ

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2013, 02:21:12 PM »
Glad you sorted it... just so you know the feature you mentioned about long-pressing the homescreen is an old Android feature, pre Ice Cream Sandwich [Android 4.0.x) unless you use a 3rd party launcher like Apex or Nova...

Sent from my Nexus 4
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 09:18:43 PM by JayJ »

Offline chessie

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2013, 06:03:12 PM »
Glad you sorted it... just so you know the feature you mentioned about long-pressing the homescreen is an old Android feature, pre Ice Cream Sandwich [Android 4.0.x) unless you use a 3rd party launcher like Apex or Nova...

Sent from my Nexus 4

Ah. Thanks.  I didn't realize they were talking about an older version.  Go figure.  I did see some threads that mentioned app launchers...I don't think I need to worry about that...I'm having enough of a time just learning to use what I've got!! :D
« Last Edit: January 06, 2013, 09:20:15 PM by JayJ »

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts