March 28, 2024, 06:11:32 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Nexus working since Xmas, now won't connect?  (Read 1741 times)

Offline chessie

• Popularity: 1
    • View Profile
Nexus working since Xmas, now won't connect?
« on: January 10, 2013, 10:36:05 AM »
My mom's Nexus has been working fine, and stayed connected, since we set it up for her at Christmas.  Today, she called me and said she can't get connected.  She has DSL, never any problems with the wireless service or router...ever.  I've never had my laptop or table drop a connection there either.  I'm at work, so I can't even troubleshoot it right now, but just thought I'd post the question here and see if anyone had any tips for me to use later.  Guess I will have to go over there after work.  :(

Offline loociddreemr

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 25
  • OG Droid-Razr MAXX-Nexus 7
    • View Profile
Re: Nexus working since Xmas, now won't connect?
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2013, 11:51:37 AM »
My first suggestion would be ensuring that WiFi is still on. The toggle in the right pulldown menu should be shaded in blue or grey. If that doesn't work, go to settings > WiFi > select your router and forget the connection. Tap on your router again and re-enter the password.

Sent From my Dual-boot Razr Maxx (PNuT.BuTTa.JB.v1.0.4a-R3Ds themed URBaN.v1.1) via Tapatalk 2

Offline chessie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2013, 12:04:45 PM »
Yes, I did have her check that over the phone.  WiFi is on, and the connection shows as "cancel" or "forget".  So it is still saved.

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2013, 01:33:47 PM »
I would call your Mom and have her disconnect the DSL/WiFi  modem/router from the power source and reconnect and let it train back up and then try to access the internet from the Nexus 7. Many times I find that the DSL modem looses connection to the IPS and a simple reset will restore the connection.
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline chessie

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2013, 04:50:29 PM »
I would call your Mom and have her disconnect the DSL/WiFi  modem/router from the power source and reconnect and let it train back up and then try to access the internet from the Nexus 7. Many times I find that the DSL modem looses connection to the IPS and a simple reset will restore the connection.

What is the "IPS" that you refer to?  Are you referring to the provider - Verizon DSL?  If that were the case, then her PC would not have a connection either.  That isn't the case (and I should have stated that in my post).  The PC is in fact, connecting to the internet with no issues.  It is just the Nexus that will not connect.

JayJ

« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2013, 05:31:28 PM »
Try selecting forget and then reconnecting, entering the passkey...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Nexus working since Xmas, now won't connect?
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2013, 08:09:23 PM »

What is the "IPS" that you refer to?  Are you referring to the provider - Verizon DSL?  If that were the case, then her PC would not have a connection either.  That isn't the case (and I should have stated that in my post).  The PC is in fact, connecting to the internet with no issues.  It is just the Nexus that will not connect.

Woops IPS should have been ISP or Internet Service Provider. But still reset is always suggested as a start and then the "forget" that JJay suggested.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline chessie

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2013, 08:35:59 PM »
All fixed.   She had a notification of 4.2 update ready to install...so I let it go.  And it rebooted, and updated...and still no connection.  Did a "Forget" and reconnected...and voila.  Not sure why it dropped or if that update had anything to do with it, but it's fine now.  Thanks everyone.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman