March 28, 2024, 05:57:31 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Part Game, Part Art, 'Contre Jour' Dazzles On Your Nexus 7 Tablet  (Read 2468 times)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile

It's a tad on the freezing side tonight here in Los Angeles as I write this with temps hitting in the 30's, which admittedly is no big deal in many areas of the country but here it makes people a tad out of sorts.  With all this chilly weather, there's nothing I can think better than to curl up in front of a fireplace, pick up my Nexus 7 and fire up the gorgeous, part art, part game experience that is 'Contre Jour'.  If you haven't played 'Contre Jour' yet then you're in for a treat.  Here's some game play footage to get you in the mood for what's in store.

Contre Jour Highlights
• 5 chapters featuring 100 unique levels, as well as 300 collectable lights, will have you playing for hours and hours.
• Use extremely intuitive controls to change the environment around you.
• 12 different interactive elements to master; portals, slingshots, tentacles, blowers and more.
• Stunning visual style places Contre Jour in a league of it’s own – simply one of the most beautiful games of the year.
• Rich, organic and original soundtrack by David Ari Leon perfectly matches Petit’s journey. Get some headphones and lose yourself in the world of Contre Jour.
• Unlock a variety of achievements as you play, can you find them all?

In 'Contre Jour' you have to guide the mysterious eyeball like creature, 'Petit' on his journey through fanciful landscapes that definitely have a dark, otherworldly 'Tim-Burtonesque' atmosphere.  You pull, tap and swipe various gadgets such as tendrils, air geysers, and pulleys to complete the puzzles and all the while you'll lose yourself in the mesmerizing orchestral soundtrack penned by David Ari Leon.  There's 12 different elements for you to master and the game is structured as 5 chapters featuring 100 unique and challenging levels.  Definitely worth the $1.99 price, hit the link below and let me know what you think of 'Contre Jour'.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 03:54:11 PM by Babyfacemagee »

Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
Re: Part Game, Part Art, 'Contre Jour' Dazzles On Your Nexus 7 Tablet
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2013, 01:47:59 AM »
30s in LA? Woah! Sounds cold for that side of the field. Game looks really cool!  I'm gonna check it out before I  fall asleep.  Lol.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
« Last Edit: January 13, 2013, 01:53:39 AM by bjs229 »

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt