Nexus 7 Google Play Store And Other Content Forums > Nexus 7 Books, Magazines And Other e-Reading Discussions

Read a Kindle Book

(1/5) > >>

WilliamP:
How can I get the Nexus 7 to read the book to me?

bjs229:
I believe you are referring to an audiobook in which case I use PowerAmp. There are several audiobook apps available at the store as well. I don't think the Kindle app has a voice setting or a way to computer generate text into voice. 

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Bigtroutz:

--- Quote from: WilliamP on January 16, 2013, 10:39:15 AM ---How can I get the Nexus 7 to read the book to me?

--- End quote ---

If you are asking for the Kindle app on Android to convert book text to speech, I think you are out of luck as far as I know.

On the other hand, if you are willing to install other eReader apps available on Andoid, you have it made !

CoolReader, Mantano, FBreader, and MoonReader all support tts (text to speech)

of those, the most likely to read Kindle default formats would be dependent on which of the kindle formats you had in mind but probably one of those will work.

TTS for PDF is probably not going to work out well tho, so you might want to convert those to another ereader format.

let me know if you want more info....

WilliamP:
Will the Nexus 7 read a Google Book aloud? I am going to try Cool Reader. Thank you.

WilliamP:
I have 9 books downloaded to the Kindle App. I have downloaded Cool Reader. How do I get those books to Cool Reader?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version