March 28, 2024, 07:24:39 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Photo Organizer App  (Read 1899 times)

Offline Scriv13

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Photo Organizer App
« on: January 17, 2013, 08:15:06 AM »
I want to organize a large number of photos on my Nexus 7. I'm finding that when I transfer photo folders from my pc over to the Nexus "Picture" folder the folders appear in the Gallery in random order. Generally they appear in the order in which I copies them, but some don't and appear out of order. Can anyone advise on Photo Organizer apps. There are a number available but do they appear on your pc to enable copying & pasting from your pc. Do they organize using the file name into alpha/numeric order (which the Nexus Gallery doesn't do). Can anyone help please

Offline Bigtroutz

• Popularity: 8
    • View Profile
Re: Photo Organizer App
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 09:54:05 PM »
There are a HELLaceous number of photo organizers apps. Your best bet is to try out a few and settle on the one that best fits you needs.

Start with the very popular QuickPic and then try the alternates listed in the left panel of Google Play

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.alensw.PicFolder&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDMsImNvbS5hbGVuc3cuUGljRm9sZGVyIl0.

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 11:04:36 PM »
Deja vu.. I think this was asked earlier in another thread.  Please try and be patient and refrain from posting the same thread numerous times. We have a lot of strong minds here and am sure that there will be many folks to come and help with whatever questions or help you need. I hope you understand that we try and keep organized here so that when using the search function, threads show up in a tidy easy to understand manner.
Thanks and I hope to see you around.
What app do you use as a file manager on the?Nexus? I would suggest looking into maybe ES or Astro. They allow you to organize and I believe it is automatically in alphabetic order.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 11:09:48 PM by bjs229 »

Offline Scriv13

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2013, 05:20:04 AM »
Reprimand accepted bjs229.

My main problem is that, when I transfer my photo folders from my PC to the "Pictures" folder in Nexus 7 "Gallery", it doesn't place them in any logical order. It's tendency is to place them in the order that they are copied across, but it doesn't do this consistently. I can't find any setting to enable the arrangement of the folders in alpha/numeric order.

I bought the Nexus 7 32Gb primarily for my photo album, which goes back to the 1900s & has 13,000+ photos with a total size at around 7.5Gb.

I'm a newbie on the tablet front & haven't yet downloaded any app. I've read the reviews & the ES or Astro & one of these would be my choice of file manager. I'm sure that they would help me with organizing my photos, but I thought maybe a more suitable option for my photo album might be the photo organizer "Photo Gallery (Fish Bowl)". There are a few photo organizers on Google Play but this one has good reviews. The other photo organizer worth looking at seems to be QuickPic

Trouble is that reading the reviews, the low star ones at least, is enough to scare the daylights out of you and remind you of the "Blue Screens of Death" with PCs in the past.

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2013, 05:54:23 AM »
So try the apps. They are free.   I only use apps that have a good reputation. No blue screens here.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 05:56:25 AM by bjs229 »

Offline Bigtroutz

• Popularity: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2013, 04:00:11 PM »
I look at the reviews briefly to get an idea of whats happening with an app but NOTHING replaces your own personal judgement.

Android apps install fast and uninstall just as fast.  Just try several and decide and your effort will be worthwhile.

JayJ

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2013, 04:14:07 PM »
I would recommend QuickPic

Sent from my 32GB Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Offline Scriv13

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2013, 06:38:35 AM »
Downloaded QuickPic & it does everything I want & more. I'm thrilled to bits with it. So easy to install & it picked up all my 13,000 photos in the Nexus Gallery immediately, without the need for any action from me. Love the way it allows viewing of the folders in Gallery, Grid, List or Explorer Modes. 5 stars from me.

JayJ

« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2013, 08:31:40 AM »
Glad it helped mate...

Sent from my 32GB Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts