April 16, 2024, 04:36:33 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Nexus 7 Game Spotlight: 'Beat Hazard Ultra' - Gameplay Powered By Your Music!  (Read 2067 times)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile

I love when I come across something that strikes me as totally innovative and new.  This week's Friday 'Nexus 7 Game Spotlight' is just such a game and I think you're all gonna love it.  'Beat Hazard Ultra' - uses your own music collection as the soundtrack...and inspiration for a completely personalized gaming experience that will be like no other.  In a nutshell it's a twin-stick arcade sci-fi shooter with scintillating, throbbing graphics that uses your music to determine difficulty and pacing of enemies.  It's really a brand new idea in games and I think one that will be copied many times over in the future. 

★ 100% - 'Must own for action gamers' - AppSpy
★ 100% - 'Must Have' - Slide To Play
★ 90% - 'Feel the beat!' - 148 Apps
★ 90% - 'It'll blow up your screen' - Touch Arcade
★ Levels created from YOUR music collection (On SD card)
★ Play to internet radio stations
★ Simple 1 stick mode for beginners
★ Twin stick mode for the pros
★ Boss Rush, Survival & Chill Out game modes
★ Rank up and unlock 23 perks

Beat Hazard Ultra creates levels based on the music that you stream from memory or from an internet radio station.  There's 3 different weapons to unlock, 42 achievements to accomplish and more.  There's a 'simple mode' that uses just 1 control stick or the regular dual stick mode for the more experienced.  There's also three game modes: Boss Rush, Survival and Chill Out.  The graphics are fluid and vibrant and the control scheme using the dual sticks is really effective and I can see other games implementing something similar in the future.

« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 03:51:10 PM by Babyfacemagee »

Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman