March 28, 2024, 10:24:22 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Thinking of purchasing N7  (Read 3590 times)

Offline pc9460

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Thinking of purchasing N7
« on: January 18, 2013, 09:48:05 PM »
I'm thinking of getting a N7 but wanted to know where I could get it at the best deal?

Would it be able to download movies/tv shows via torrent like an app like utorrent? Like it downloads straight to the device? How is it for etext for college? I would like to view my textbooks via pdf on it. Also can I buy a usb attachment and plug my usb drive into it and drag files I downloaded onto the usb drive?

Do you recommend the N7?

Offline jj03

• View Profile
Re: Thinking of purchasing N7
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2013, 08:35:09 AM »
I bought my nexus 7 for 179.99 32 gig. Yes, you can download straight to the nexus..including torrents. It is also excellent for games..take a look at dead trigger, and horn. I also use it to view pdfs and read epub books. No problems...

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Offline pc9460

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2013, 09:34:28 AM »
I bought my nexus 7 for 179.99 32 gig. Yes, you can download straight to the nexus..including torrents. It is also excellent for games..take a look at dead trigger, and horn. I also use it to view pdfs and read epub books. No problems...

Do you really recommend it? Also where can I get a good deal on the 32gb?

Offline jj03

• View Profile
Re: Re: Thinking of purchasing N7
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2013, 09:44:44 AM »

Of course i do.....you won`t find such value for money...you`d be a fool not to buy one. Quad core, hd screen, jellybean os...no lag, live wallpapers, huge market, plays avi, mp4s...blah blah...need i go on. Read the reviews. They don`t lie.

Got mine from amazon. Seen them in shops between 160 - 200 for 32 gig. Absolute steel any way you cut it.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 09:47:35 AM by jj03 »

Offline pc9460

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2013, 10:08:37 AM »
I haven't seen it for that cheap. The cheapest I have seen it is $250. Can you tell me the places where its that cheap?

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2013, 01:07:20 PM »
You are in a forum dedicated to the Nexus 7. It is highly recommended here and pretty much everywhere you read about it. It will do all the things you asked about and much more. I don't suggest downloading movie torrents. I believe that is illegal.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
« Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 01:12:40 PM by bjs229 »

Offline fxsarge

• Popularity: 15
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Thinking of purchasing N7
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2013, 10:46:13 PM »

Of course i do.....you won`t find such value for money...you`d be a fool not to buy one. Quad core, hd screen, jellybean os...no lag, live wallpapers, huge market, plays avi, mp4s...blah blah...need i go on. Read the reviews. They don`t lie.

Got mine from amazon. Seen them in shops between 160 - 200 for 32 gig. Absolute steel any way you cut it.

200 what? USD? Camels? You won't find one in the US for that. Buy from Google play or staples.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2013, 12:16:32 AM »
$179 for a new 32gb ? Amazon? Never seen one close to that cheap. 16gb used maybe.

« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 12:18:27 AM by bjs229 »

Offline jj03

• View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Re: Thinking of purchasing N7
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2013, 03:20:07 AM »

200 what? USD? Camels? You won't find one in the US for that. Buy from Google play or staples.

200 shekels...that better for you...or maybe i mean`t dinari...

Offline jj03

• View Profile
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Thinking of purchasing N7
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2013, 03:21:52 AM »

£200.00 pound. Clear enough? Excellent....moving along...

Offline S.Prime

• PM if You have a Forum Issue
  • Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 80
  • Galaxy S3-TPT-HTC Flyer-Nexus 7 & 10-Rooted 100%
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Thinking of purchasing N7
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2013, 06:45:32 AM »
You are in a forum dedicated to the Nexus 7. It is highly recommended here and pretty much everywhere you read about it. It will do all the things you asked about and much more. I don't suggest downloading movie torrents. I believe that is illegal.

Although most people think of Torrents as a venue for pirated copyright material, there is also a large amount of open source material as well. To address the OP, torrent apps are available for Android, but I personally prefer to download torrent content to a pc and then transfer it to the Nexus 7. The torrent content could be transferred to a USB device and viewed on the Nexus 7 using an OTG adapter, but if you decide to use a torrent app to download direct to the Nexus 7 moving the content to a USB device by an OTG adapter would require root. Also one additional caution on moving large torrent files from the Nexus 7 to your pc for storage, which will result in varying degrees of success due to the nature of MTP (Media Transfer Protocol).

I do agree with bjs229, that the forum does not advocate or support pirated copyright materials.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk HD
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 10:05:00 AM by S.Prime »
IT Service Professional - I just want a device to be productive.

Offline MrFound

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2013, 09:45:43 AM »
in the usa is 249.99$ on staples,  google store,  walmart.  i got mine in Walmart.
paid 300$ cause i added an  insurance for it

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt