March 28, 2024, 04:12:57 AM

collapse

Author Topic: The Nexus 7 Dock Is Real: Gets Reviewed And Is Available On The Cheap  (Read 3173 times)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile

So if you're like me you've probably been starting to wonder if the official Nexus 7 dock that's been shown for months, yet never seems to be available...was finally real.  Well it looks like it is and the folks over at Droid-Life have given it the old video review treatment.  The verdict?  Well if you're looking for a well-constructed dock that offers easy charging via the pogo pins and the ability to send audio out for under 50 smackers then this might be right up your alley. 

While it would have been nice to feature an HDMI out, it's still a nice looking piece and while it's been reportedly priced at $40 at most places such as B&H Photo...you can save a little scratch if you shop around a bit such as at the link below, a store called 'Cost Captain' which has it for $34.99.   Now rumor is that you can also get free shipping through them by signing up for their 'premier service', but according to one customer this can be cancelled within a 14 day window.   So any takers?  Can you see yourself dropping your much loved Nexus 7 into one of these babies instead of the standard MicroUSB charger?

« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 03:49:20 PM by Babyfacemagee »

Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
Re: The Nexus 7 Dock Is Real: Gets Reviewed And Is Available On The Cheap
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2013, 02:31:40 AM »

Video really didn't help me. I was hoping to use this for music and come away with struggling to get it to dock. Maybe a rush job on the video?
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Offline sierra

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2013, 08:02:55 AM »
Agreed. I really want to buy this, but with the obvious docking issue and the fact that it doesnt even come with a power cord.

I have to wonder, speed of release vs quality?

Maybe he just got a bad one and others wont have the docking issue?  Look forward to reading more from others as they get it.

JayJ

« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2013, 10:26:30 AM »
I've not seen an OEM dock that does come with a power supply...

Sent from my 32GB Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2013, 10:33:00 AM »
I don't expect a cord. Not a deal breaker for me. I just would like a little more info on the audio and maybe someone reviewing it that isn't rushing through things like they are on Meth.
Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts