March 28, 2024, 03:07:39 PM

collapse

Author Topic: youtube takes forever to buffer  (Read 2342 times)

Offline lilmateo919

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
youtube takes forever to buffer
« on: January 27, 2013, 09:44:25 AM »
What's up guys, this is my first post.  I wanted to find out if other users were experiencing long delays in buffering videos when watching YouTube ids.  An 8 minute video will take about 8 minutes to buffer, which is horrible when just trying to watch a quick video on the nexus.  Any tips or suggestions?  I made sure there are no viruses and closed all background apps and this still does not help. Any info would be appreciated.

Offline matt

• Popularity: 28
    • View Profile
Re: youtube takes forever to buffer
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, 10:18:44 AM »
Mine takes 2 seconds. They open with the you tube app. What's your isp download speed (run speedtest)? What program is opening the vids by default? Check for update.

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2013, 01:16:09 PM »
Welcome. The YouTube app can be finicky sometimes. I am assuming that is what you are using. Have you updated like Matt suggested? If so I would also  clear the cache in the app. When you say you close all apps what do you mean by that? Are you using a task killer? Have you tried using a browser to access YouTube? Internet speed is key. If there are bumps in the road it's a sure fire problem when trying to stream video.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Offline Bigtroutz

• Popularity: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2013, 02:11:53 PM »
It could be your network setup or it could be pronlems with Youtube app caching

you can try this fix posted by smkite over at Android Central:

Here is the fix that worked for me. I contacted Google Play who then referred me to Asus last night. Asus had me basically "uninstall and re-install" the Youtube app. Below are the steps:

1.) Select "SETTINGS" for your Nexus 7.
2.) Select "Apps".
3.) Swipe from right to left until the "ALL" apps heading is visible.
4.) Scroll down to the Youtube app and select it.
5.) Select "Force stop".
6.) Asus was going to have me select the "uninstall updates" button, but the choice was not available on my device.
7.) Select "Clear data".
8.) Select "Clear cache".
9.) Now hold down the Nexus 7 power button for 15 seconds. (I believe the device powered off, on, off, and back on again.)

What's important is that the device has to be immediately rebooted after steps 1-8. I had read somewhere else about clearing the Youtube data and cache and tried it, but I had never rebooted the machine afterwords. The buffering issue remained until I did steps 1-9 immediately after each other.

http://forums.androidcentral.com/google-nexus-7-tablet-forum/201236-problem-streaming-video-nexus-7-a-3.html#post2547309

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 01:51:15 AM »
New update today.. So far so good.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229