March 28, 2024, 03:16:03 PM

collapse

Author Topic: Can't see my copied files in Evernote  (Read 2201 times)

Offline anken32

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Can't see my copied files in Evernote
« on: February 04, 2013, 06:54:17 PM »
Hi,
I love my N7 but still have so much to learn...
Have copied and pasted a folder with some files in it to Evernote when N7 was connected to  the laptop. Now when I open ES Explorer (without connections), those files show up in Evernote. They have the  .docx  extension and are MS Word files.
When I open Evernote, those files are not to be found. Other files I have written in Evernote are there.
Does anybody have any ideas?  Thanks

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
  • Popularity: 47
    • View Profile
Re: Can't see my copied files in Evernote
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2013, 07:16:48 PM »
Without connections? Meaning? No Wi-Fi?  No USB wire?
Seems you are really having problems all around the board when it comes to text word type files. I Hope to find a  universal remedy. 
Not sure why you need to use Evernote backwards but I don't use it except for an occasional list here and there and then delete. It when finished. When I say backwards, I haven't put  huge amount of time into the app and that equates to missing things that it is capable of. Just curious.  If you have the files stored somewhere in a folder and they can be read with an office program why the upload to Evernote?  Also I thought that anything initiated in the EN app is stored in the  cloud and sent in email. 

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

Offline anken32

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2013, 05:44:06 PM »
Thank you bjs229. 
Yes, I'm still having problems with imported  files.  The reason I wanted to go with Evernote is just to be able to edit my files.  Have tried Kingsoft and contacted them but they replied that they do not support  .rtf  files at this time but are considering it in the future. Have changed file extensions there but still not luck.
I'm able to edit my other files in Evernote ( the ones I had written with that app.) and that's the only reason I wanted to go with Evernote.  As I wrote before, the files show up in Evernote wit the ES Explorer(they are readable there) but when I open the Evernote App, I can't find them...not in cloud either.
So, I'm still struggling with importing AND  editing. This is why I downloaded "Doc Converter" hoping to be able to solve my problem.  Even in Doc Converter I'm having a problem as you can see in my other post. Still so much to learn with the Android System.... It's frustrating at this point because I'm probably doing something wrong but just can't figure out what.
So, thank you for writing. If you have any other ideas, I'll appreciate it very much.

Offline anken32

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2013, 05:58:21 PM »
Also, I meant to add that by "connection"  I meant USB wire. Sorry...

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2013, 07:57:28 PM »
I'm no expert when it comes to text file extensions but why not use a program on the computer and an app on the Nexus that play nice together? Can't you open these files in word or Acrobat and change the format to something universal and then move them to the Nexus?

Offline anken32

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2013, 05:46:01 PM »
Thank you!
I have changed the files to  .pdf  with Adobe.  Now I can read them all in Kingsoft Office and Evernote. 
Kingsoft Office has so many wonderful features but so far I still have not figured out yes how to change and add to the text itself.  This is probably something  simple that I am overlooking.....
When I open "All Documents" in Kingsoft, I can scroll to the files and open them. Upper left corner shows "PDF" but from there I can't do anything with it...
There is probably an easy way to import and edit files somewhere -anywhere.... but I sure can't figure it out.
Again, thank you for answering my questions so patiently.

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2013, 08:16:43 PM »
Great news Anne. Glad to help.

Offline bjs229

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2013, 08:42:50 PM »
Problem with PDF is that they are pretty much read only. Check out a site called PDF escape if you need to make changes to a PDF document.

Offline anken32

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2013, 04:25:20 PM »
Thank you for still working with me to solve my problem!
Unfortunately, PDF Escape didn't work out for me.

This is what I want to do:  Download some of  my files from my laptop to the N7. I can open them on the laptop without any problem.
 After transferring them to Nexus ( I don't care what application will do it) I want to be able to  read and possibly edit them at a later date on the N7.
Those are a lot of files (they happen to be a lot of recipes) and it would be way to cumbersome to write each of them to my Nexus.
This is why I have experimented with the various file extensions....
I didn't think that this would be such a difficult project....Probably I haven't made it clear exactly what I want to do....
So, if there is any way to do it, I would appreciate any more suggestions you might have.
Most of all, thank you so much for all of your time to help me!!

Offline anken32

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2013, 12:52:18 PM »
I think that I have figured it out.....Finally!!

Have installed Kingsoft on the laptop, moved my files into it. From there I open, then "save as". 
They actually open as default with  .rtf.  Isn't that strange?  Have contacted Kingsoft a week ago and have been advised that they do not support .rtf  files at this time but might do so in the future.
 Anyway, when I go to "save as" and scroll down it gives me the option to also save as  .wps  files.
From there I transfer them to the N7 and I can actually edit them!
It's jumping through a lot of hoops but it works!!
So, thanks for patiently working with me on  this problem. I'm very glad to have it solved!

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman