March 28, 2024, 01:51:07 PM

collapse

Author Topic: 'Chameleon' Launcher Goes From 'Kickstarter' To Your Nexus 7  (Read 2557 times)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile

After a successful Kickstarter campaign that was covered by all the tech paparazzi only a few weeks ago, one of the most eagerly awaited tablet-based 'launchers' for Android has made an appearance on our beloved Nexus 7.  With the tagline 'A Better Home Screen For Your Android Tablet' the launcher brings an incredibly powerful and innovative way of interacting with your tablet featuring its own innovative 'Widget Engine' and intuitive screen layouts and adaptability. Now 'Chamelon' gives you a really cool and sophisticated new way of interacting with your tablet that allows you to set up complex, personalized screens for different uses and times of day as well as the above 'widget engine' shown in the video above.

As you can see in the video below 'Chameleon' gives you far more flexibility to customize individual home screens and comes with all sorts of custom widgets that expand the standard Android UI.  You can learn more about the 'Chameleon' project at the link below.  It's just one more example of how the open architecture of Android let's us users have more possibilities and freedom to choose what we want on our devices compared to some 'other' (Apple...cough, cough) platforms. :)

« Last Edit: October 22, 2014, 05:06:30 PM by Babyfacemagee »

Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline daraldf

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Re: 'Chameleon' Launcher Goes From 'Kickstarter' To Your Nexus 7
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2012, 08:44:24 AM »
Just pre-ordered mine. I tried to go to Kickstarter last week to order but they were finished and I thought I would have to wait until it came out.

Offline frank

• Popularity: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2012, 01:40:39 PM »
Creative concept.  Nova launcher free has been doing pretty well for me.

Offline radiocycle

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2012, 03:36:08 PM »
Creative concept.  Nova launcher free has been doing pretty well for me.

Is the 'pre-order' price supposed to be better than after the pre-order date?  Any incentive to use pre-order?  I mean, look at the pre-order with our N7s...
Time flies like arrows... Fruit flies like bananas!

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman