March 29, 2024, 05:17:10 AM

collapse

Author Topic: Favorite OnLine TV/Movie Source  (Read 2743 times)

Offline Babyfacemagee

• Administrator
  • Popularity: 42
    • View Profile
Favorite OnLine TV/Movie Source
« on: July 04, 2012, 12:41:23 PM »
So I'm curious what forum members most often use to watch tv/movies online?  Netflix?  Hulu or Hulu+?  Amazon Prime?  iTunes?  Will Google Play's new tv and film offerings convince you to use them instead?  What would Google Play need to offer to really win over everyone's hard earned tv/film spending?  Let's hear some suggestions on what it would take to 'win' against the competition.

Use this link to get $10 in FREE BITCOIN at Coinbase, the world's most popular and trusted cryptocurrency account.

Offline radiocycle

• Popularity: 9
    • View Profile
Re: Favorite OnLine TV/Movie Source
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2012, 01:33:40 PM »
Well, I can't speak for iTunes (I'm not an 'I anything' fan) but between Hulu/Hulu+, Amazon Prime, and Netflix, Netflix wins hands down!  We've had/have all of those services and, at least on our Samsung HDTV, Netflix is the one that knows how it's done.  I'll have to see what Google Play has to offer.  :)
Time flies like arrows... Fruit flies like bananas!

Offline Drew

• Popularity: 11
  • Transformer Prime, iphone 4, Nexus 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 02:27:02 PM »
Even though I use Netflix, I would use Google Play for more recent shows I was willing to pay for and shows I would watch more than once.
Right now, Netflix is $7.99 unlimited a month (rent) and Google is on a per show basis anywhere from $.99 to $17.99 (buy).  Google would definitely earn more of my business if they offered a monthly fee for full access, with option to purchase.
"Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live." - Oscar Wilde

Offline toondw

• Popularity: 0
    • View Profile
Favorite OnLine TV/Movie Source
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2012, 05:14:30 PM »
In the uk.....i use netflix.

Offline samalex

• Popularity: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 10:54:23 AM »
Netflix here, and we also buy content from Amazon Prime which I hope will work with the N7.  Other sources are Youtube, uStream, and various video podcasts which I use Doggcatcher to aggregate on my Android devices.

Offline nhobbit

• Popularity: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 11:27:27 AM »
I normally watch hulu to catch current programs. I did hulu plus free month to catch up on some shows after the season ended and it was no longer on regular hulu. I'm currently doing a free month with netflix (streaming not dvd) and I'm not really impressed with the selections. I did a free month with Amazon Prime which was okay but selection was also small.  If there is a new movie I have to see I generally will stream it from Amazon for $3.99. If Google play has similar offerings I'll probably check it out. They should have some sort of deal ( like with Amazon prime you get free 2 day shipping) maybe a monthly fee for regular stuff and 5-10% off streaming new releases.

* Top Boards

* 'Like' And 'Follow' Us!

* Top Posters

bjs229 bjs229
2682 Posts
S.Prime S.Prime
2017 Posts
Babyfacemagee Babyfacemagee
1263 Posts
matt matt
936 Posts
birdastrompgman birdastrompgman