2012 Nexus 7 Discussion Forums (1st Generation) > Nexus 7 General Discussion

What do we do with our existing content?

(1/3) > >>

rohinaggarwal:
I know I can upload my music to google play but if I have my own movies / TV shows, anyone know if I'll be able to watch them on the nexus 7?

Watching the video, it felt like it may be as restricted as the kindle fire ... thoughts?

Babyfacemagee:
It should be as easy as loading anything you have onto the Nexus 7's memory via either the microUSB connection or wi-fi.   There's a ton of different video, audio and text readers that are all compatible with Android so this shouldn't be an issue.  It's not a 'locked down' device like the Kindle Fire. 

Paul:
One can also upload your own music to Google Music. I have uploaded reduced size videos to Picasa and YouTube. I have uploaded my documents to Google drive. There is plenty of web space around. A person has to choose though what to load to the tablet for use if one is going to be away from WiFi. This would be one thing to consider before buying.

rohinaggarwal:
Babyfacemagee - thanks. That was my only concern given how cheap it is! Have they given an actual delivery date or is it approx. mid July? I think I'm going to order one!

Paul - agreed. I wanted to make sure that that's not a problem on the device. But definitely, I won't be carrying around my entire library with me!

kyoo:
can someone clarify the rumor about software being registered to specific devices? is that how things will work from now on?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version